Edwards has to be more selfish

2,092 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Haney
StevieBuckets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
By all accounts, Anthony is an incredibly unselfish young man off the court, and he certainly plays like that on the court. By and large, that's a good thing, but I think he's going to need to look to score more as the schedule ramps up in 2020.

In my opinion, he needs to be at the free throw line 6-8 times per game. Right now he's averaging 4.75 trips, but that number has steadily fallen. He was close to 7 per game after Maui, but he hasn't been to the line more than 4 times in a game since. He's settling for too many step-back, James Harden-esque 3-point shots. I know he wants that on film for the scouts, but his team needs him getting to the basket, scoring, and forcing the other team to foul.

Thoughts?
Monkdawg
I think most would agree with this. Anthony needs to really score for us to be as successful as we can be.
StevieBuckets
https://uproxx.com/dimemag/anthony-edwards-scouting-report-2020-nba-draft/

This makes my point as well as many, many others. It's a good read!

I'm excited to watch his continued development, and I hope he blossoms into a genuine star in the NBA.
Haney
Edwards I believe wants to prove to scouts he can shoot from the outside and thus takes too many deep shots, I am hoping he decides to start driving and dishing more as we move along because that is what he is best at, all the attention he gets should help his teammates score more easily but when he settles, he has not shot a very high percentage, especially if you take out that one magical shooting performance in Maui. He does need to get to the FT a lot more and that comes from driving.

Besides that, the biggest issue this team has right now is defensive rebounding. They MUST rebound the ball much better and stop allowing 2-3 chances for the other team to score.I also think Crean has to determine his top 8 or 9 and those guys need to get the most minutes. We have a deep bench but trying to play to many can sometimes be more harmful than help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.