30 pt win over Austin Peay!

2,159 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by willpmd
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Frankly, it should have been more. Peay is very young and not very talented from what I could tell. Dawgs started out great and dominated for 5-10 minutes, but then went into a lull when AP started changing defenses almost every possession. It seemed to confuse us and make us take bad shots and stop moving. That was rectified in the second half, and we went on to drub AP pretty badly. 9-3 for the Dawgs is about what we would have expected. I would like to have snuck out another win in Maui, but record-wise we are about where we should be. With Memphis this weekend and then the start of the SEC schedule, we are about to be thrown into the deep end of the pool. Edwards has to step up and be more aggressive, Hammonds has to play smarter and stop picking up dumb fouls (though we have said that for 2 years), Camara needs to keep growing and expanding his game, Crump needs to take good shots, Harris needs to be a playmaker on both ends, the freshmen posts need to grow up fast, and everyone else needs to be steady for us to be successful (which is probably 9-9 in conference).
blackmountaindawg
You mentioned Harris. He had his lowest minutes, 14, since his return. I was sure he would get at least 20+ to help get him back in gear before the new year's crunch. Other than Gresham, he has the highest 3pt career percentage on the team. 40%+. Yet only shoots 2 hitting 1, 50%. It can't be his defense keeping him on the bench for a majority of the minutes.

Whatcha thinks going on, monk?
Monkdawg
Well, this was only his 2nd game back from suspension, so my guess is he's still trying round into game shape (he looked a bit winded to me at times) and fit into the chemistry of the team. It will take a few games to fit in. I don't think there's anything going on really.

It was interesting, I thought, that Crean mentioned after the game that Howard was dealing with a back issue and that he thought Fagan was having problems with something as well.
willpmd
Lot of upside on this team.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with Crean's history, Anyone know if his teams tend to grow and get better or what you see is what you get?

Seems like we are a year away from being dangerous, but I've enjoyed this team nonetheless
Every man should believe in something, I believe Florida sucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.