With Ngumezi suspended we will get to see a lot

2,591 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
of the 4 freshmen big men - Howard, Peake, Camara and Brown. I think the team is better off in the short run and long run for this suspension. All 4 play much harder and play better defense than Ngumezi. Ngumezi has tons of athletic ability, but he has emotional maturity issues big time. Crean doesn't need that on our team. The freshmen, who have great upside, are watching to see how Crean handles this. If Ngumezi is allowed to keep acting out, that could infect the team. This suspension is nothing but good news, and I suspect we have seen the last of Amanze in a UGA uniform.
Dawg44
Totally agree. I hope we don't see him around the team anymore. He had multiple chances to straighten up. Those four freshmen are much better and more fun to watch.
Monkdawg
And I have a sneaky suspicion where he may wind up.... It begins with the 24th letter of the alphabet.
Dawg44
I wonder what school that would be? :-)
I can't see him being coachable no matter where he lands. Crean put up with way more than I would have. Crean is a very nice and patient man.

Monkdawg
I think Crean was extremely patient and understanding - far moreso than I would have been. He wouldn't have lasted long with me and sure wouldn't have gotten through his freshman season....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.