Jordan Harris suspended for first 9 games....

3,598 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SidViciousDawg
neKKiDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't want to disparage any UGA athlete, but with the number of games already known, could this be anything other than a "failed test" suspension?
Dawg44
Bingo. Second failed test, therefore the nine game suspension.
SidViciousDawg
If the o/u for failed test in 4 years were set at 10 for JH.... I'm taking the over.

Let's test 100 privileged fraternity students and see how many fail. It's time to stop testing for marijuana. Three of our last four presidents smoked while in college and the one who didn't is the _____ one.
blackmountaindawg
Agree
Many would say he was tested because he is on scholarship. So maybe UGA should start testing all the students on Hope scholarships, also.
viperoy
Well, he was tested/suspended because he signed a contract not to do something and he did it anyway. What else did he agree to in his contract that he will not honor? I know, in today's world, your word and truth have become unimportant but not to everyone. Out of curiosity, which Pres didn't smoke, who is the - one?
SidViciousDawg
The NCAA threshold for a positive test is 5ng/ml in a urine sample. There's no mandated penalty from the NCAA. It is left to the school or conference to set penalties and testing guidelines. I really thought Crean had followed Kirby's lead and relaxed things a bit.

Following are rules for the 4 Professional Sports

NBA: 4 random test during season w/ 15ng/ml as the minimum positive test. It's a safe bet that teams make it very easy to pass these, by making them unsupervised, as suspensions are rare.

NFL: 1 test in off-season w/ 35ng/ml ....

MLB: No testing unless reasonable cause w/ 50ng/ml...

NHL: Does no testing for marijuana

Notice the trend? It seems as the leagues get whiter the testing relaxes or stops altogether.
The World Anti Doping Agency (Olympics) has a threshold of 150ng/ml, so unless you just put one out your unlikely to test positive.

I hate it for Jordan.

StevieBuckets
Am I wrong in thinking this would be a top 20 team with Nic Claxton and Jordan Harris?

Am I wrong in thinking Jordan Harris would be a fringe NBA player (elite defender and high % 3-point shooter) had he not had so many...issues during his career?

I hope Nic has a long and successful NBA career, and I hope Jordan finds his way after he graduates. I'll try to suppress the what ifs and just enjoy the team on the court!
SidViciousDawg
Not a stretch at all to think that with Claxton and Harris we would would likely be a Top 25 Team. They would be our two best defenders and take us from awful on the defensive end to above average.
jpzd33
SidViciousDawg said:

I hate it for Jordan.

Really? I agree pot should be legal. It's dumb to be testing and having these harsh consequences. But how many times has he failed it at this point? It's not a 1st or even 2nd offense. He's a bit of a selfish ******* at this point
jpzd33
StevieBuckets said:

Am I wrong in thinking this would be a top 20 team with Nic Claxton and Jordan Harris?

Am I wrong in thinking Jordan Harris would be a fringe NBA player (elite defender and high % 3-point shooter) had he not had so many...issues during his career?

I hope Nic has a long and successful NBA career, and I hope Jordan finds his way after he graduates. I'll try to suppress the what ifs and just enjoy the team on the court!
Harris is a good athlete, defender and shooter. But he can't handle the basketball well enough to play in the NBA. I don't see how he would ever be drafted.

But he's a good college player. And he and Clax would absolutely make UGA a top tier team this year.
SidViciousDawg
Jordan has always made his grades and been one of the hardest working, on the floor and in the weight room, players on this team. No problems whatsoever in his 4 years other than the failed tests at this ridiculously low threshold for a positive. It won't be long before testing for marijuana ceases... can't come soon enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.