Red Letter Day

3,457 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rossvilledog
rossvilledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Today is the first day of practice for the UGA Men's Basketball team.

First game is six weeks from today!
SidViciousDawg
Gonna be a wild ride this year. Will we be left exhilarated (9+ Conf wins), demoralized (2-5 wins) or some of both (6-8 wins)? 5 1/2 is my o/u number for conference wins.
rossvilledog
I'm always optimistic this time of year. A lot will depend on how well our guys can shoot from the field. Hoping for vast improvement in that department.

Lots of guys will be playing who have never played together before. You have to expect confusion for a while.

I hope and think that Mr. Edwards will make a big impact.

I also hope that Sahvir Williams storms into camp and forces the staff to give him big minutes at point.

StevieBuckets
Right on. All the talk is about Anthony Edwards, and for good reason, but I think Sahvir's ability to earn minutes at PG is one of the biggest keys to this season.
rossvilledog
Dawgs to visit NC Charlotte 30 days from today, October 25 at 7 p.m. for a charity exhibition game. Tickets $15.
SidViciousDawg
Hopefully Anthony is gelling better with the team, staff and peripheral personnel. This is going to be a very interesting season, the staff is going to have to do a spectacular job to develop this group into a team and not simply Ant's one year showcase for the NBA.
rossvilledog
Absolutely. That's not basketball.
rossvilledog
I do expect AE to be the go-to guy in crunch time, but we need to have several other weapons cuz they will get open looks when he is doubled. AE will be a much better prospect if he moves constantly without the ball, sets screens, finds open guys. The development of our other players (particularly their shooting skills), and their positioning and movement, will lessen the defensive pressure on the Ant.

I haven't followed Crean teams much, though the performance of the Marquette team when they had D Wade gives me some hope that the Coach knows what he's doing. Dwyane was a superstar, but he was not a ball hog.
Monkdawg
Just FYI, it's Sahvir Wheeler.
rossvilledog
Monkdawg said:

Just FYI, it's Sahvir Wheeler.
I got the first letter right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.