Projected starting lineup to begin the season

3,074 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Monkdawg
neKKiDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ngumezi, Hammonds, Harris, Edwards & Gresham (experience)

Crump first perimeter player off the bench, with Howard as first post off the bench (unless Camara truly is a lot bigger than our other 2 SF signees). Hopefully, by midseason Wheeler can become the starting PG of the present and future.
gritsK9
neKKiDawg said:

Ngumezi, Hammonds, Harris, Edwards & Gresham (experience)

Crump first perimeter player off the bench, with Howard as first post off the bench (unless Camara truly is a lot bigger than our other 2 SF signees). Hopefully, by midseason Wheeler can become the starting PG of the present and future.

That starting lineup is exactly how I see it also. Howard, Camara, Brown or Walton, Crump and Wheeler, respectively, their backups.
Monkdawg
There is seriously almost no way to project a starting 5 - certainly not a starting 5 by SEC play. Ngumezi would have to mature an awful lot before I would put him in the starting line-up. We have no idea what we have in Gresham yet, and certainly not in comparison to the kids we're bringing in. I agree on Harris, Hammonds and Edwards, though, but any group we put on the floor could be kinda soft in the middle. That will likely be a problem all year.
blackmountaindawg
I hope Crump can rediscover his 3 point shot, that went missing in SEC play. Otherwise Fagan is a better all around player and could pass him in the rotation.
neKKiDawg
This is a hoops message board in June.....projecting lineups is challenging and entertaining.
blackmountaindawg
Monkdawg said:

There is seriously almost no way to project a starting 5 - certainly not a starting 5 by SEC play. Ngumezi would have to mature an awful lot before I would put him in the starting line-up.
So if Ngumezi won't be starting at the 5, we better pray Crean can sign a big grad transfer, 'cause I can't see Hammonds, Camara, or Howard starting there.
Monkdawg
We would just have to go small. Camara or Brown at 1 forward spot and Hammonds at the other with the aim of outscoring our opponents. We would have trouble defending the post, but we are going to have trouble with that regardless of who we start. We don't have a real 5 right now. We are gonna be forced to double and help a lot in the post. Camara is a really good defender. I agree that Howard won't likely be ready. Pretty raw.
blackmountaindawg
If we have to outscore our opponents, Amanze might be ok in the lineup. Last year showed flashes that offense is his strength
Monkdawg
Amanze has to work on his post scoring. He's not real physical in there. He doesn't like contact or play through contact. But the biggest problem is maturity. Amanze has to mature.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.