We done for 2019 class?

2,947 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Monkdawg
Nostradawgus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know we got one to give, but thinking Crean holds his powder for 2020?
gritsK9
He should unless there's a real contributor out there somewhere. Post grad big would be ideal. Wish we were in on Blackshear, That guy is a beast.
neKKiDawg
I suspect Crean and staff are searching "far and wide" for an experienced post to supplement the roster (a grad-transfer would be ideal....hopefully physically & mentally ready to contribute, and allows us another spot to hopefully improve the talent on the roster for the 2020-2021 season).
dawgpostsucks
Crean and his staff may not be finished based on what he said yesterday:

"We just have to really pay attention to what's out there, what could be out there, and just keep looking for what's best for us. But we can't replace that size, defensive ability at the moment. We've got to develop our own guys and figure out if there's somebody we can get involved with who could make a difference in our team, even if it's not that way, who could come in and make a difference for our team."
gritsK9
Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but before I move on, have to observe that this roster with Claxton would have been locked and loaded.
Teddybulldawg
Crean is never done.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/20190530/coaches-learning-to-live-with-transfer-portal

Coaches, in more than just football, are monitoring [the NCAA's Transfer Portal].

"A couple of times a day," Crean said. "You're paying close attention to it but if you're constantly waiting to see who shows up in the portal you're behind. You've got to have people that have their ear to the ground. ...You've just got to stay attuned to it."
Monkdawg
Crean and the staff are scouring the planet for another post player. This is from a staff member. In this age of easy transfers, I don't see the point of not filling every spot. We are gonna have at least 4 scholarships to give next year as it is - 3 seniors: Crump, Harris and the grad transfer from Northeastern and 1 Anthony Edwards, who will go pro. That doesn't consider any other attrition we might suffer. You gotta think somebody transfers out. That's 5 scholarships to give easily.
gritsK9
As it stands, I guess we'd have to go with Ngumezi backed up by Howard and Hammonds backed up by Camara. That's thin, not to mention a couple of guys playing out of position. To add insult to injury, there's a certain 6'11" guy whose name appears nowhere in first round mock drafts.
Monkdawg
We are dangerously thin on the front line. Crean needs to find another post somewhere. As for Claxton, it was his decision to make. He was ready to move on. We need to move on, as well. Like Crean said, it's too late to replace Nic's specific skills, so we have to find the best post available to fill out the roster.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.