2019 3* C Rodney Howard committed to UGA

6,277 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6'11", 230 lbs. prospect from Legacy Early College High School in Greenville, SC (note: he transferred from Centennial High School in Roswell, GA on 15 August 2018). Also played for Atlanta Celtics AAU. Fwiw, he has offers from Alabama-Birmingham, Florida Gulf Coast, Middle Tennessee State, Ole Miss, and UGA (as of 19 December 2017).

In 39 games last season he avg. 10.2 ppg (shot 55% from 2-pts. range, 0% from 3-pts. range, and 53% on FTs), 7.4 rpg, 0.9 apg, and 1.4 bpg.

SidViciousDawg
Let's not waste one here.... looks like a mix of Edwards and Iduwe to me.
blackmountaindawg

CTC must see some potential.
blackmountaindawg
Howard visiting UGA on Sunday. Lets hope CTC closes the deal.
gritsK9
Read where he said UGA was a "close second" to Ole Miss. On the other hand, he said things might have been different if GT or Xavier had offered. Who knows? But there do seem to be a number of legit schools now interested and I trust that he's worth it if CTC thinks he is.
blackmountaindawg
Howard has said he has noticed Claxton went from "pre Crean" 3.9pts/gm, to his second year under Crean, becoming a potential 1st round NBA pick. I think he commits to the Dawgs on Sunday.
gritsK9
UGA v. GT - decision soon. Can't believe we're 50-50 with that hoops dumpster fire on North Avenue
blackmountaindawg
gritsK9 said:

UGA v. GT - decision soon. Can't believe we're 50-50 with that hoops dumpster fire on North Avenue
I think that is only because GT has been on him a lot longer than UGA. He is also from Roswell and being closer to family might be in play. I think we get him though.
Monkdawg
Yeah, a kid would have to have a screw loose to pick Tech at this point. I would have to wonder about their sanity. The bees are in a bad place....
begger
And who's your coach? Pastner is still there but will he even last 10 more months?
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
neKKiDawg
.if playing one year at a school makes a person "from" there? Anyone know if he play 3 years at Centennial before Legacy Charter?
gritsK9
neKKiDawg said:

.if playing one year at a school makes a person "from" there? Anyone know if he play 3 years at Centennial before Legacy Charter?
I'm sure we'll be saying that Anthony Edwards is from UGA!
neKKiDawg
I don't know Edwards history of residences, schools, etc., but my guess is that he mostly is from Georgia. If I was a "journalist", I would have said that Howard played or graduated from the same HS as Claxton, not that he's "from" there. My thought is the guys that transfer to IMG or a similar school from out-of-state are not from Bradenton, FL.
dawgpostsucks
neKKiDawg said:

Anyone know if he play 3 years at Centennial before Legacy Charter?
Yes, Howard played 3 years at Centennial High School before transferring to Legacy Early College High School for his senior season.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Howard explains why he chose UGA:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/georgia-adds-three-star-rodney-howard-to-top-10-2019-class
Monkdawg
I think probably that Kermit Davis wanted to redshirt Howard and Howard didn't want to redshirt. That may be why Ole Miss let him out of the scholarship so easily. Plus, they just signed a grad transfer post that would have prevented Howard from playing much. He was recruited over. Nic Claxton helped sell him on Crean and what he could do for Howard's game. Claxton himself is pretty good sales pitch for us in recruiting.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.