Big men question...

3,600 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
begger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need one, if not two should Claxton stay in the draft. So who? It's getting pretty late in the cycle for even one, let alone two, good options.

Wheeler adds that PG we lack, but without him we have perimeter options to do a job (just likely not as well, or as naturally, as Wheeler, if we are forced to do so at PG). But options are pretty slim inside. So are we going JUCO? Is there any half decent JUCOs anymore as that route has been decimated by reclassifying kids and diploma mills over the last 20 years. Any decent 2019s uncommitted or reopen due to a coaching change? Grad transfer? Reclassify a 2020 kid to 2019 like Edwards did and Kessler was rumored to possibly do (not thinking WK but perhaps another 2020 big?)?
Monkdawg
Great question. I love Blackshear from Va Tech. Not sure why he hasn't committed anywhere yet. He looks like maybe the best big out there. Would be nice to get a little reportage on this.
StevieBuckets
This really is the last burning question this offseason. Crean has done a hell of a job turning over the roster, and assuming most of these kids stay for 2 or 3 years, a nice foundation is being laid. But yeah...need a big man or three...
gritsK9
I'm with Monk. Blackshear is a beast.
blackmountaindawg
We might get to the point where we just get a big "John Cannon type" lower midmajor grad transfer who can just be there for practice and game "emergencies", and gone in a year. Then hope CTC can run, if Nic leaves, a successful 1 post, 3 wings, 1 point rotation. Lots of teams have success doing this. If Hammonds were a little more aggressive I would feel better. But he seems too soft to me. Also hope Camara comes in at 6'8" as sometimes reported.
Monkdawg
I know a guy who tweeted Camara and asked him how tall he is. He confirmed 6'8".
dawg212003
Crazy question I know, but I do know that Anthony was trying to pull Precious to Athens. Any chance of that happening?
Nostradawgus

Refreshing this post.

Any prevailing winds on any bigs - "Beg men" - joining the fold soon?

Possible that a Precious type waiting to see what Clax does?
dawgpostsucks
Nostradawgus said:

Refreshing this post.

Any prevailing winds on any bigs - "Beg men" - joining the fold soon?

Possible that a Precious type waiting to see what Clax does?
2019 5* F Precious Achiuwa, 6'9", 210 lbs. is supposed to announce his commitment this weekend. Fwiw, Memphis, Connecticut, and Kansas seem to be trending for him.
Monkdawg
honestly, I don't think so. Haven't heard anything UGA connected with Precious in awhile. I know Crean was trying to get him back for another visit, but I don't think Achiuwa made it.
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.