UGA promoted James Coley to offensive coordinator

2,311 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Haney
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last season he served as UGA's co-OC and QB Coach.

dawgpostsucks
UGA OC James Coley's previous experience as a collegiate offensive coordinator:

2007 (Florida International): #119-ranked scoring offense (avg. 15.1 ppg); #118-ranked total offense (avg. 269.7 ypg) [note: worst FBS scoring offense and second-worst FBS total offense that season]

2010 (Florida State): #33-ranked scoring offense (avg. 31.4 ppg); #60-ranked total offense (avg. 381.3 ypg)
2011 (Florida State): #39-ranked scoring offense (avg. 30.6 ppg); #77-ranked total offense (avg. 369.2 ypg)
2012 (Florida State): #10-ranked scoring offense (avg. 39.3 ppg); #19-ranked total offense (avg. 471.5 ypg)

2013 (Miami): #33-ranked scoring offense (avg. 33.8 ppg); #48-ranked total offense (avg. 425.8 ypg)
2014 (Miami): #62-ranked scoring offense (avg. 29.2 ppg); #47-ranked total offense (avg. 430.3 ypg)
2015 (Miami): #71-ranked scoring offense (avg. 27.8 ppg); #67-ranked total offense (avg. 397.0 ypg)
Haney
Not an exciting hire but I think a good hire based on his experience in the program, and he has done it before. Hopefully he will take what Chaney did and make it better-he certainly is going to have the talent to do well-it will be up to him to devise ways to use that talent-I think Chaney's failures were more about being predictable and not diverse-meaning, we rarely saw a toss sweep, we didn't throw to the TE's enough considering the talent we have/had there, we rarely screened to the backs, we rarely threw quick slants. Just a few little things that I noticed, being just a fan and nothing more. OC is a job that usually is under heavy criticism because the obective of the game is to score more times than you don't-it seems that position as a coach is the one that fans like to blame more than any other. Course if your defense stinks, DC gets some heat but OC gets second guessed a lot more. I hope Coley does really well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.