Is Kirby our Guy?

2,329 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by RedDawg
DuluthDAWG98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me start this off with YES I believe Kirby is a DAWG, but if we lose to MICHIGAN is he our guy? Will he get it done? IM TIRED OF COMING UP SHORT TIME AND TIME AGAIN. IF WE LOSE I THINK LANE KIFFIN IS OUR ANSWER. HE KNOWS THE SEC AND WE NEED TO GET HIM BEFORE BAMA. WE NEED AN OFFENSIVE COACH THAT CAN BRING IN A CORRAL TYPE QB. IF HE CAN DO IT THERE HE CAN DO IT HERE WITH OUR RESOURCES
StalkinDawg
I think he's our guy.

I'm too ugly or something
RedDawg
I know this is well after the fact, but Kirby vs Lane freaking Kiffin?!?! No offense, but you have GOT to be freaking KIDDING me.
In 7 years as a Power5 coach, Kiffin has won more than 8 games in a season only twice, with a high mark of 10 wins (twice). By comparison, Kirby has won more than 8 games every year except his first year (would have gone 9-2 during COVID 2020 if Vandy didn't wuss out), with 11, 12 (x2) and a 13 win season as of the writing of the original post. Of course one of those then-12 win seasons is now a 14 win season with a NC.

To be honest, right now I wouldn't trade Kirby for ANY coach in the country. He's not at the level of Saban (at least not yet), but how many more years does Saban have left? Kirby's young and still very hungry. Dabo looks like his best years are behind him, Riley fades in the big games (worse than Kirby was accused of), ditto Ryan Day, Jimbo is that proverbial squirrel on crack, no one knows what Cristobal will do at Miami, or Kelly at LSU, and on and on. Nah, Kirby loves the Dawgs and is driven. We're good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.