Live Coverage: Kirby Smart Press Conference

5,486 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mikul1g
Dean Legge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We are not allowed to stream Kirby Smart press conferences, so jump on board as we transmit what's coming from Kirby today.

Press conference usually gets started at 12:05 PM
Dean Legge
Staff
Our strength staff is the best in the country.

We are trying to be the most conditioned at most disciplined team in the country.

I'm excited about the secondary we have coming back. They are a year older. We were really young a season ago in the secondary. The best players are going to play.
Dean Legge
Staff
D'wan Mathis is not fully cleared.
Bamadawg
I'm disappointed that it is not carried live video by Georgia dogs.com
Dean Legge
Staff
Also, today is a great time to take advantage of the offer we have to jump on board at Dawg Post for $2 for the first two months...

CLICK BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE

https://dawgpost.com/account/selectsubscription/309
Dean Legge
Staff
I'm glad we have Jake. He's a good football player. He's smart. He has tremendous energy in meetings. It is comforting konwing you have a guy with that much experience.
Dean Legge
Staff
It takes what it takes, and that's what it takes.

It takes hard work.
Dean Legge
Staff
All the stuff that goes on with our team is way more important than what plays we call
Dean Legge
Staff
Zamir is the same as you asked. He's doing well. He's excited to be back.

Zamir is clear, so he will do everything like normal.
Dean Legge
Staff
On Dell McGhee - he's a great person for me to lean on. He's been a head coach in high school and in college for a short stint. He's very wise. He's been a huge bonus. When I am not here he's usually the person in charge.
Dean Legge
Staff
On DRob - what he has to do is play better than the people in front of him. He' has to play the best three of the threes out there. I fully expect him to do that. There are a lot of things he can still work on. I think he understand the system and little better, and is a little more used to the competition level.
Dean Legge
Staff
Kirby saying "you guys" meaning the media, are calling out the wide receivers.

This is a good example of using anything, completely real or not, as motivation.
Dean Legge
Staff
I am certain excited to see Swift play at 100%
Dean Legge
Staff
Create havoc. That's number one, but they have to get onto the field first.
Dean Legge
Staff
There's a lot of value having seniors. Justin Young gives you constancy and toughness. That's what we are trying to develop in our program.
Dean Legge
Staff
James Cook has to stay healthy. He's got to learn the offense to the point where he can line up in all positions. He's much more mature. We are exited to see what he can do. He's one of our most explosive players.
Dean Legge
Staff
How you finish is important, which is something you address in the off season.

We emphasize Dawg Time, which is the 4th quarter.
Dean Legge
Staff
If there's a lot of separation at LB you won't see us rotate a lot. We want the best players on the field all of the time. If it is by committee it will be because it is so tight.
Dean Legge
Staff
I've learned to not sweat this little things. But every inch of practice... we only get a limited amount of time on that turf.
Dean Legge
Staff
New defensive linemen and the receivers - those are the ones we are interested in seeing in one-on-ones. I am not expecting them to be better than the veterans.

We have to figure out who has the potential to pass someone in week four or five.
Dean Legge
Staff
Hard to answer about the tight ends. Wolf put ups some tremendous numbers this summer. We are going to have a really competitive group there. We will find out in a couple of practices.
CitadelDawg84
Thumbs up ... thanks to the summary.
mikul1g
Liked the format, liked the way the questions were in the answers. Good job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.