Twins, Lanetta and Lanyce Williams, chose Memphis

3,418 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mac25
Tyree02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have a Top 3 of Georgia, Memphis and Ole Miss.
Dawg44
How good are these twins?
Tyree02
Lanetta is very good. She is ranked in the 35-40 range in multiple recruiting services. Her game is a lot like Caliya Robinson's. She can handle it, shoot the three, great leaping ability, etc. She has a very high ceiling. Her sister Lanyce is coming off of an ACL tear, but looked very good prior to her injury. She is a 6'2 player that could play the 3/4 positions. I think the staff is looking at these two kids, Jordan Isaacs, Maori Davenport, Chloe Chapman and I wouldn't be surprised to see the staff go after Teisha Hyman. Teisha Hyman was in the top 20, but tore her ACL during the club season last year during the last viewing period. She is a New Yorker and has very nice game. She has a lot of swag and she is very shifty. Seems like people forgot about her kind of like they did with Donnetta Johnson last year after she got her a couple of years ago with an ACL injury and we landed her in the 2018 class.
mmixon
The Twins will announce their decision Thursday at 3 PM between UGA, Memphis and Ole Miss.
mac25
I think they go to Memphis but that is just a hunch
Tyree02
Too much left on the board to take them. I say Ole Miss is where they are headed
mac25
If we can get Davenport and Isaacs, you take them. That would make this a very outstanding class
Tyree02
I read an article on Davenport during the season last year from her local media and she stated that playing time is the number one factor she is looking for. I think that is why we see some schools like Florida, etc. She stated that starting wasn't much of a factor but that she does want to play. Mississippi State will be pretty loaded in the post with Promise Taylor biding her time and Bibby will welcome a bigger this year. There are other kids from the '18 class that were very solid. There was the 6'4 kid from Georgia that they snagged and the 6'5 player that was a local Mississippian for them. There is also Zion who'll be a RS senior next year so they have bodies. We have 3 returnees and so does Louisville. Louisville would have been stacked but they had a lot of attrition a couple years ago in the post from kids being over-recruited. This is why I felt it was a Louisville and UGA battle because of what was stated in the article that I read from her (Maori). Playing in the SEC gives her family a chance to attend games in Athens and in Mississippi, Bama, Auburn, etc due to the proximity of schools within the SEC.
mmixon
The Twins have chosen the Memphis Tigers.
mac25
Congrats to them. Hopefully we can pull Davenport and Isaacs. If we land those two, I truly believe we would win the SEC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.