Recrutiung Update: Anaya Boyd

3,176 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by mmixon
LadyDawgFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Her top 5: Arizona, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, North Carolina State, Southern Cal.

Hmm..

Also was an article on Raven Johnson and mentioned about 5-6 schools and UGA was not among them..
mac25
WOW!!! I truly want Joni to succeed but eventually we have to find a way to get the home talent to UGA or find someone who can.
imfrmzn4
It's tough to follow recruiting for this team especially if u follow GA football recruiting because it seems more often than not a disappointment. I hope we do let all the big time in state 21 class players leave the state
mmixon
I haven't posted in a while because I saw this coming. The old saying is if you don't have nothing good to say about something then say nothing. But, I have evaluated this staff compared to the Staff's that was elite. There really isn't any comparisons. But, let's look at Kirby's Staff. The top recruiter is from Georgia and he has the connections and he knows what the Georgia kids want to hear. In fact, Kirby has a staff full of top recruiters who has ties all over the country. Kirby put this Team into the top 4 over night and that's how he is succeeding. Another example is Tom Crean. He gets the Georgia Men's Basketball Team and he hires Chad Dollar and Amir Abdur Rahim two of the best in the business and they both are from Georgia with state ties. First Class is a winner with maybe the top Player in the state and possibly the country. Already looking like he will follow up with another top class. Then you look at the Ladydawg Staff and you have Chelsea Newton and that's really it. She doesn't have the ties to the state of Georgia like coaches at some other programs does. Tasha Butt's was out there but Joni is not looking to improve her staff on a yearly basis. You have to go out there and find the type people who can tell these young ladies that we are going to train them where they will not have any problems when it comes time to make it in the WNBA. That's what it all comes down to is the WNBA. It was disappointing that Mackenzie Engram and Caliya didn't make it. Disappointing that UGA hasn't made it to the sweet sixteen since Jasmine Hassel and Jasmine James has graduated. And with the fact Joni isn't landing any of the big fish without them going to another and not making it and then transfers back to UGA is a failure. When UGA took a commitment from the young lady from southeast Georgia, that was a sign that none of the top kids will be coming to UGA. Greg McGarrity might be in the last year of being UGA Athletic Director could mean this staff could have a couple of years to correct the problem in a big way.
imfrmzn4
I hate for you to be right on this mmixon but I believe you're really onto something. It worries me that no one on our staff has ties to GA. To me that's kinda important. The only cure all to what we perceive as our recruiting problems is to win this upcoming season
mmixon
Imfrmzn4, today relationship's are everything. Georgia folks are looking for the right fit for their kids. Raven Johnson is still out there and the Staff really needs to sell her on the fact that this could be her Team. There are still quite a few Players out there who wants to play with her. Just look at Oregon, their Coach promised Sabrina Ionescu that their Team would be hers and look at Oregon now. They are on the verge of a possible National Championship. I wanted Olivia Cochran but remember I have been preaching Raven Johnson for three years. This is the one the Staff needs to land in order to turn this thing around. The SEC is getting stronger and what you did last year probably won't be good enough this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.