What is this place?

1,376 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by UgaBoz53
RaleighDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friend asked me this and I dont remember the place. If anyone else remembers. This would have been in the late 1990's. Told him I'd ask around.

"Just emailed UGA Press. Remember 5 Star Day Cafe? I remember the Grit but there was another place to eat same side of street as Five Star but across one street (towards Atlanta) and then it was in that small block. Do you recall what it was? I think it was iconic but I can't remember?"
KeepYourSeats
I can't get the picture - I've got Grit and 5 Star in different locales, bit I have an old memory, so don't take it overly serious,

IF the Grit was the Grill, I THINK then you could go toward ATL and the next block was the Varsity and the Mayflower - easy to recall so not maybe not it - but then maybe there was the Gyro place (SpyroGyro or something?) and maybe then up a bit more the Spaghetti Store (but that may not have survived the 80s and I don' think it was iconic, (although they gave away some cool glasses.) Of the least obvious, the Gyro place was probably the most iconic although a real old timer is going to scoff. Tony's is what we call iconic.

Anyway, you probably got it figured out by now anyway.
UgaBoz53
its the back porch
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.