Covid stuff so I went straight to the Back Porch to save Dean the hassle

1,726 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gasdawg
Gasdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been a rough past few days. We've basically closed off most of regular rooms as ICU beds. This crap is spreading like wildfire. Three of the last 4 patients I've intubated had an average age of 48. One was 85. I've spent a weeks-worth of time in either ICU or ER since 2 o'clock Saturday morning. It looks like its going to get worse. I have the unfortunate luck of being in a county that's grossly undervaccinated, though. Hopefully yours is better. Our HS girls softball team is quarantined. We have a 17yo inpatient.

Just wanted to tell everyone to be safe. Got home and poured about 4 fingers of a 12-year (not on call).

Go Dawgs!
ahurst344
Thanks for sharing and for all that you are doing on the front lines at this point! I really feel for all healthcare workers who have to go through this again because people won't get vaccinated.

Hopefully this will start to be a wake up call for unvaccinated people. Get the dang shots!
Gasdawg
Thanks for the appreciation.
I also forgot to add that every single patient that gets admitted is unvaccinated.
Every single one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.