Week 1 Cherokee HS Health Report

2,645 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Cantondawg32
cantonk9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Approximately 2700 students:

5 cases of head lice
3 cases of pink eye
4 appendectomy
1 pair of tonsils removed
4 cases of strep throat
3 cases of influenza A
1 case influenza B
1500 suffering from allergies
2 cases of bronchitis
3 ear infections
3 cases pneumonia
4 broken bones (outside of school)
3 sprained ankles
1 torn ACL
3 elective surgery
7 paper cuts
1 really bad sunburn
10 alcohol poisoning
36 cases of smoke inhalation (contact tracing indicates what appears to have been an alcohol poisoning and smoke inhalation super spreading event)
2 Positive Covid tests.

And a CNN photographer lurking outside taking pictures with a huge lens on his camera (not joking btw as multiple students have video). He must've been there to cover the head lice outbreak.

It's time to get back to living folks...

PurpleBrave
Is this real?
Gasdawg
PurpleBrave said:

Is this real?

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/cherokee-county-schools-covid-cases-first-weekly-report/85-34e034dc-8b0c-4c95-88e6-5fe5eda53032

But yes, Canton. I agree... time to get back to living. Just want it to be done safely.
cantonk9
41,000 STUDENTS YIELDS ONLY 17 CASES IN CHEROKEE COUNTY IN FIRST WEEK BACK

That should be the headline. Followed by a comment stating, "Our first week back can only be described as a smashing success!"

By the way... Teachers and administrative staff have been nothing short of amazing. The kids are excited to be back and the teachers are truly heroes.

Unfortunately, the CNN photographer bit is real. Cherokee County schools are national news these days and I guess we should enjoy our 15 minutes of fame.

The 2 COVID positives for Cherokee HS is real. Only 2.

The rest is just an attempt to provide some context/perspective to the health issues a school the size of Cherokee deals with on any given week.

ColonialDawg
And I bet zero had symptoms.
cantonk9
You're correct Colonial. Both with no symptoms.

And I will tell you the HS kids know there are folks rooting against them and they're none to happy about it.

They know if they can stay the course others will follow & things like sports, homecoming, etc. can happen...
Bulldawg1
No way, it is the allergy coverage - definitely!
CornDog
Don't go tooting the "success" horn just yet. Typically it takes 5 business days to show symptoms. Also, have they fixed the testing backlog yet? My wife and I never got our results from tests taken on 7/13. A subsequent rapid test was positive and we are both thankfully mostly back to normal. It was a PITA to get that rapid test too, had to constantly refresh a webpage and when an appointment opened you had to fill out the information before someone else beat you to it. My point is it takes time before we know if all went well and it also requires timely testing to identify problems.
Gasdawg
Exactly. For proof, see Ron DeSantis' Florida reopening speech from June.
ColonialDawg
cantonk9
The first week is in the books and it was a SUCCESS! So, with all due respect, I'm going to enjoy it and sing it from the highest mountain top.

Let's see what week 2 has in store, now.

My guess is several of the week 1 cases will have recovered, but we won't hear about that for obvious reasons.

And make no mistake these kids haven't been social distancing all summer long. They'be been around each other at the beach, at the pool, everywhere. Now they're just around each other at school.

College football is in jeopardy and I'm taking the gloves off, folks!

Gasdawg
I hate it as much as you do, canton. I'm just afraid we missed our chances to save the season back in June.
Bulldawg1
Good for you canton! i dig your posts.
cantonk9
I've played good soldier for 6 months but now I've seen enough.

I drove my kids to school every day this week and I saw more smiles, high fives, and other good feelings around schools than I've seen in a long time.

I watched what was being portrayed in the media and it was a total joke.

CNN lurking outside Cherokee HS made my head explode. Sorry, but it did.

They're trying to take something from these kids that they have no right taking. And I'm not going to get into the why so I'll leave it at that...

LowIq
canton i was saying the same thing 5 months ago......not getting in to the politics of this thing......just saying---MOST of the kids in middle and south ga have NOT been social distancing, wearing masks ect....

not agreeing or disagreeing, not making a statement, not saying what should or shouldnt be done....just pointing out an absolute FACT.....the kids have been piled up around each other the last 5 months....just not in a classroom.
CornDog
Taking the gloves off... Good soldier? Let's take a couple deep breaths.

Why do you feel week one of school was a success?
cantonk9
I have 6 months of deep breaths...

If you can't piece together why I think the first week was a success from my previous posts, then I'll save us both the frustration of walking down that path together.

Sorry CornDog but this thing is starting to stink, bad.
CornDog
Great discussion, Canton. Glad we could learn something from one another and not just insulate ourselves in our own beliefs.
Cantondawg32
Loving the support from the community!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.