Dakota Leffew

781 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's a bit of film on him. I'm pretty sure this is our starting SG next season. Beautiful stroke, takes the ball to hole nicely and keeps his eyes open for the assist. Good length....

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=3f34b2bd337bbe02&sca_upv=1&q=leffew+basketball&tbm=vid&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0Aa4sjWe7Rqy32pFwRj0UkWd8nbOJfsBGGB5IQQO6L3J5MIFhvnvU242yFxzEEp3BfRFWcyM5BvpTgNzM3vKj4sEjS6haKlrdzONTHhmt-ed0BDutOfD1NtrEadKQJY0kkrXclIUNRVP0ehqCu__lp1243DJ2Uniu4_KjBzx4cZwuNHlMMAGibLeRiFGo8nwiJYCKRW8lD7G-kjM3YLhhsCD1e5OQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTs-6oneOGAxUGLdAFHZyTDpoQ0pQJegQIDBAB&biw=1536&bih=735&dpr=1.25#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:94ca1b67,vid:G4bR6wK6SA0,st:0

Fat Doc 18
Thanks for posting this. He really does look impressive.
BallDawg
I need him in just a scoring type role. He seemed to have to do it all last season at MSM, this year, in a better conference, his focus needs to just be hitting shots and playing D. Needs to be an upgrade from Jabri as out 3andD guy if we want to make it to march, which I think he can be.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

I need him in just a scoring type role. He seemed to have to do it all last season at MSM, this year, in a better conference, his focus needs to just be hitting shots and playing D. Needs to be an upgrade from Jabri as out 3andD guy if we want to make it to march, which I think he can be.
I don't really compare him to Jabri in that they play different positions; he's in Thomasson's role. But yes, he needs to be a scorer. I think the film demonstrates that he is. I know we expect him to be. Leffew, from what I am told, is being well-compensated because of the expectations. There are a ton of videos from Syracuse folks which show they wanted him really badly. We have high expectations of Leffew. Frankly, he ought to be our leading scorer most nights IMO. Asa will have big nights, but he's a freshman and most of his scoring will be 2s. Demary will probably have big nights from driving, drawing fouls and run-outs, but he needs to facilitate. Dakota will be shooting 3s and driving to the basket.
BallDawg
Yeah I heard about that. Heard that Villanova offered him around half a million dollars. Have not seen in writing anywhere what he got offered to come here but I can't imagine that number is far off....
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Yeah I heard about that. Heard that Villanova offered him around half a million dollars. Have not seen in writing anywhere what he got offered to come here but I can't imagine that number is far off....
I don't know the number, but I'm sure it's substantial....
whitt
Nice! Thanks for the post
DawgFan30
His scoring figures are a little below what Thomasson had in the same league before transferring in. I think he brings a little more versatility off the dribble as well as on the defensive end compared to what Noah provided though.
Monkdawg
DawgFan30 said:

His scoring figures are a little below what Thomasson had in the same league before transferring in. I think he brings a little more versatility off the dribble as well as on the defensive end compared to what Noah provided though.
It's difficult to compare the two in that league. I Leffew had more scoring help from his teammates, so you would expect his numbers to be lower.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.