Godfrey

1,223 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watch these highlights and see if you don't understand why I think he plays like a PF in a SF body. He's very active and moves his feet well, but I don't see much perimeter game on display. He rebounds, defends and gets to the rim very well. Good passer from the high post....

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=10ca133bf11a526d&sxsrf=ADLYWIJnrKzFWjgTvsRkBIuZtGuCOp-s4Q:1718584233185&q=rj+godfrey&tbm=vid&source=lnms&fbs=AEQNm0B0_gh8CxXz4cskeePLV_Uw5cg9cpOenTbX4UBVI-nT7NcqK5FzGg3MrZAGO-ZwaIh-3Udf3yTDzkACSYbZ66JWENg-BmGcsJXhXRMXV8h3SFB5qm86fCyB1FP8X7f0Kg727EvJvw-T6XpcQjkHcQ4pSi0qQZSZjxOVpRupjt-Kl2TWIOSjQS7wtMofBIcHw988RanTbnim4rjlSwqCXz1B4s0ekA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjv4vCVseGGAxXj5ckDHULaAfMQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=1024&bih=474&dpr=1.88#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:30c29fe9,vidL5oKeTCb3Q,st:0
Big G
AWESOME !!!!!!!!
BallDawg
Nothing to it. He is good and hustles, however he is going to need to shoot the 3 ball better. Even if the volume is low, your starting 3 has to be able to at least draw your defender out on a pump fake or create space.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Nothing to it. He is good and hustles, however he is going to need to shoot the 3 ball better. Even if the volume is low, your starting 3 has to be able to at least draw your defender out on a pump fake or create space.
That's correct. You have to be at least something of a perimeter threat at the 3 to draw the defense out, create space, driving lanes and open shots for others.
whitt
Awesome!
DawgFan30
I've heard people say playing time was his main motivator for transferring, but with how deep our frontcourt is, I can't imagine he'd be getting THAT much more playing time for us than he would if he stayed at Clemson. They essentially used him as a true post big last year.

I have a hunch that maybe a promise relating to a change in role is what brought him to Athens.
Monkdawg
DawgFan30 said:

I've heard people say playing time was his main motivator for transferring, but with how deep our frontcourt is, I can't imagine he'd be getting THAT much more playing time for us than he would if he stayed at Clemson. They essentially used him as a true post big last year.

I have a hunch that maybe a promise relating to a change in role is what brought him to Athens.
Clemson had 2 other posts last season; we have 3 other posts on the roster and no SFs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.