The Lakers have apparently "targeted" Dan Hurley

1,229 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
at UConn for the HC job. Gotta say he is one of the best if not the best current college coach. But his personality and temperament are made for the college game. Pros, who make way more money than the coach, are just not gonna let a coach yell and berate them. Yes, the NBA may pay a bit more money and give a coach more downtime after the season, and you don't have to worry as much about recruiting. But you certainly control your program more in college. Your roster is generally determined by the GM, and your success depends on the talent the GM can obtain. UConn has pretty much the pick of transfer and HS kids they feel fit their system. I think it would be unwise of him to jump to the NBA.
Dawg44
Agree. I would never leave UConn for the NBA.
friendofbob
Dawg44 said:

Agree. I would never leave UConn for the NBA.
I take it you have never spent any time in Storrs. On the other had, I have and being someplace else is not a bad idea even if it is LA.
Dawg44
I was not referring to the town. The college job is better than the NBA job in my opinion.
UgaBoz53
should be interesting '
is this the next brad stephens experiment lol
lebron will eat him for lunch asap
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
Monkdawg
Well, Hurley stays at UConn. Turns down $70 million. I think that's a good decision for him. His personality and coaching style would not work in the NBA IMO.
UgaBoz53
Monkdawg said:

Well, Hurley stays at UConn. Turns down $70 million. I think that's a good decision for him. His personality and coaching style would not work in the NBA IMO.
no doubt
why would he want that headache lol
ATLSTNMTN53DAWG
whitt
The college job is way more better than NBA.
Monkdawg
whitt said:

The college job is way more better than NBA.
They are very different. NBA has ego issues, jealousy issues, lack of control of your roster - but there are certainly pluses in that you have time off after the season. In college, you get to pick your roster, but NIL and the transfer portal have created their own headaches and pressures. You really have to constantly be recruiting. You control the program to a much larger degree in college. Just very different....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.