Somto Cyril - we got our Center.

812 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I woke up in the middle of the night and googled Cyril to see if he withdrew from the draft. LOL He withdrew late last night (5 hours before I checked). So Cyril will be playing in Athens next season. I'm sure White was happy to hear it, but I know that this was what he expected. Cyril is incredibly athletic, but he's really raw. He needs a few years in college to smooth out his game. Big development for UGA....
Nostradawgus
If absolutely nothing else, game one, he can provide an imposing, athletic defensive impediment in the paint. Anything else is gravy...
Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

If absolutely nothing else, game one, he can provide an imposing, athletic defensive impediment in the paint. Anything else is gravy...
He's a helluva shotblocker. That would scare me to death if I were in the post trying to get off a shot or driving to the basket.... Gotta keep him and Newell out of foul trouble, particularly him, as we don't have any depth in the post.
BallDawg
Need to see how polished his offensive game really is. If he's ahead of where he's thought to be or really sees strides in his game, I think he's such an easy first round pick. Watch the way he moves his feet and his body. Unreal for someone that big, unreal for someone with that much bounce to have that light of a touch and light feet.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Need to see how polished his offensive game really is. If he's ahead of where he's thought to be or really sees strides in his game, I think he's such an easy first round pick. Watch the way he moves his feet and his body. Unreal for someone that big, unreal for someone with that much bounce to have that light of a touch and light feet.
His offensive game is not polished at all from what I've seen. He has exceptional mobility and athleticism. But there are a ton of athletic guys in the NBA. You have to be more than that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.