July Evaluation

2,166 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by blackmountaindawg
Champ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When does it start also do you Coach Crean will use all 4 ships or save some for 2020?
dawgpostsucks
Champ said:

When does it start also do you Coach Crean will use all 4 ships or save some for 2020?
Evaluation Period:

5 p.m. on 11 July through 5 p.m. on 15 July 2018

5 p.m. on 18 July through 5 p.m. on 22 July 2018

5 p.m. on 25 July through 5 p.m. on 29 July 2018

Fwiw, I've read where Crean likes to have a full complement of scholarship players (x13). Therefore, I'd anticipate him signing 4 Class of 2019 prospects to replace the upcoming season's seniors (i.e., Edwards, Ogbeide, Turtle, and Wilridge).
gritsK9
He'd be better advised to sign 3 and use the 4th on a grad transfer. 2020 is stacked and we have inroads (Kessler, Abdur-Rahim). We can't afford to go into that cycle with only 2 scholarships.
dawgpostsucks
gritsK9 said:

He'd be better advised to sign 3 and use the 4th on a grad transfer. 2020 is stacked and we have inroads (Kessler, Abdur-Rahim). We can't afford to go into that cycle with only 2 scholarships.
I'm good w/ that strategy, however, we'll have to see if Crean opts that way or is of "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" mentality.
blackmountaindawg
The right grad-transfer could probably contribute more in 2019-20, than one or two of those "birds in the hand". So I don't think the grad-transfer route is "cutting the roster short".
dawgpostsucks
blackmountaindawg said:

The right grad-transfer could probably contribute more in 2019-20, than one or two of those "birds in the hand". So I don't think the grad-transfer route is "cutting the roster short".
If Crean is confident in the right grad transfer, then he'll probably go that way. In his first 3+ months at UGA however, he opted to sign a 2018 3* PG and European CG rather than pursue the grad transfer route (e.g., 2014 4* PF Reid Travis grad transferred from Stanford to Kentucky on 20 June 2018).
blackmountaindawg
The 2018 class would have been a bad class for a grad transfer. That would give the 2019 class 5 spots, and still leave, without attrition, the 2020 class at 2. The 2019 class sets up good for a grad-trans, which would add to the 2 spots being vacated by TC and JH. That would give CTC 3 spots for the strong, and all important, 2020 class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.