Slim Chance We Are Better Next Season

2,494 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Monkdawg
SidViciousDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Year 3 is likely to be rough. This years team is the one that has ample talent to be closer to .500 and in the bubble discussion.

We lose 5 of our top 7 players in Edwards, Harris, Crump, Gresham and likely Hammonds. We bring in two undersized PG's... KD Johnson is #90 nationally and a good signee. The JUCO Starks is averaging 5.3 ppg and shoots 34.5% and 16% from the 3... ugh. Then we have Josh Taylor who is #119 nationally, to add to our glut of small forwards, along with JUCO Jonathan Ned who is averaging 9.8 and shooting 37.5% in JUCO Ball this year. Ugh again!! By my count we have 1 to 3 schollies open depending on Hammonds and maybe Walton. We are desperate for a shooting guard and help in the post. Our roster will have 3 undersized PG's plus Fagan to go with 5 small forwards and only Peake and Howard in the post.

We have to find a scoring guard with some size who can also defend. Then just as crucial is another post player to help with Howard and Peake, who themselves are average at best. I don't see much chance we get to .500 next year.
StevieBuckets
Is Hammonds really going to leave? I've seen this suggested in multiple places. He won't get drafted. Is he getting some bad advice?

Re: post play, this may be pertinent:

That's supposed to be an embedded tweet...but things like that rarely work for me on this site. Here's what it says:

"According to Chianti Clay, the Georgia Bulldogs are actively pursing 5-star forward, Mike Foster to be a part of the 2020 recruiting class."

That's from Brent Wilson, and the crystal ball has Georgia as the leader for his services. Here's his profile.
RedDawg
Isn't Foster in the 2021 class?
StevieBuckets
If that quote is to be believed, they're trying to get him to reclassify (a la Anthony Edwards).
SidViciousDawg
It seems 50/50 on Hammonds and I agree he won't get drafted. If Hammonds returns and Foster reclassifies to 2020 and then comes to UGA, I'll gladly adjust my prediction.

Even with the possibility of Hammonds and Foster... unless we get major help at the SG, I'm not sure that's enough to get us to .500 in the league next season.
Monkdawg
I understand we look really good with Foster, but you're right. We need at least 1 perimeter scorer in this class (besides Johnson).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.