It's been 9 games... Harris??

3,553 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Haney
SidViciousDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know if Jordan is playing Friday against SMU?

With or without Jordan we should win this one easily. The 8 teams they've beaten have a combined record of 17-49. Don't let the win against UNLV fool you (Cal beat them too). Our wins haven't come against the greatest of competition either (13-30) but being at home I believe we'll win these next three games pretty easily before a brutal 6 game stretch where I just can't find a winnable game; unless we're smoking hot shooting the 3. Memphis, Kentucky (twice), Auburn, Tennessee and Miss St are longshots but we have a team of streaky shooters that will hopefully get us an occasional unexpected win. Maybe we can steal one of these six.

I say 6 wins in conference is probably our ceiling this year and I'd take the under.
StevieBuckets
Harris will play. If his play this season resembles his play from the last month or two of last season, he will make a big difference...
blackmountaindawg
I would tap the brakes a little on: "We should win this one easily". This is a young team that might surprise us with underdog wins, and probably surprise us with some loses we think we should win.
SidViciousDawg
I see the young team..... all the time. We kinda are & kinda not. We have 5 players getting 24 - 30 mpg (Edwards, Hammonds, Crump, Gresham, Wheeler). If Harris can stay eligible he'll surely be in that range also, so that makes 6 top rotation guys, three of whom are seniors, Edwards of course is gone too and Hammonds 50/50. It's a given that 4 and possible, if not likely, that 5 of our top 6 players are playing their last season here.

Next year we'll have one senior along with 5 sophomores and whatever else we can put together. That group of rising sophs could develop into something, we'll see.

blackmountaindawg
Well we won, but it wasn't easy. The only thing easy was Wheeler getting to the basket for the win. When the other team can't play aggressive D on him, and risk fouling in the waning seconds, he is almost impossible to stop.
bhdawg
One of the best games ever. Some of our players are still learning , so are theirs , 30 TO s aint that good in a college basketball game. 15 each .
blackmountaindawg
Minutes after 10 games + 2OT
Jr and Srs. = 764
Fr and So = 1246
Dawgman53
Great game! We saw glimpse of what Georgia is capable of this year much like the Mich State game.
Dawgman53
Great game! We saw glimpse of what Georgia is capable of this year much like the Mich State game.
willpmd
Good win especially given Edwards was off for most of the night.

He looks like his injury is bothering him
Every man should believe in something, I believe Florida sucks
SidViciousDawg
Those numbers are with 5 upperclassmen this year. Think what they will look like next year with 1 or 2 (Fagan & possibly Hammonds) on the team.

Great win for the fans, Wheeler looked like JJ there at the end. Very competitive fun game to watch between two evenly matched teams that aren't all that good.
StevieBuckets
And re: the original thread topic, Harris made a big difference. I'd expect him to be playing 25-30 minutes pretty quickly here...
Monkdawg
Harris is a huge addition. He made some seriously athletic plays in the SMU game. Wish we had him next year.
Haney
I was there and it was an exciting game, fans were really into it, but our rebounding on the defensive end is why the game was close, we have to get better there and I suspect we will. I almost think we have too many players that Crean is trying to get minutes for. I think Edwards has to take less long range jumpers and drive more-but I think he wants to work on his shooting and that is why he settles. He has a smooth shot but except for MSU, he hasn't been that accurate shooting the 3's, but man he makes things happen when he drives and I think he along with Camara can help with the rebounding.

This team can make the dance, they are only getting better and better, and you can see the talent. I also refuse to believe the SEC is nearly as strong this year as last, I guess we will find out. But if we get close, the NCAA absolutely wants a player like Edwards in the dance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.