Hmmm - good recruiting opportunity?

2,972 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rossvilledog
rossvilledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The National Basketball Association (NBA) today announced that the third NBA Academy Games a series of exhibition games featuring prospects from the seven NBA Academies and other teams will take place Tuesday, July 9 Sunday, July 14 at the Emory Sports Medicine Complex, the official practice facility of the Atlanta Hawks, in Atlanta, Ga., marking the first time the NBA Academy Games will take place in the U.S."

"The series of exhibition games will feature prospects from the NBA Academies in Australia, China, India, Mexico and Senegal, along with two select teams of top international prospects. In addition to being open to NBA team personnel, the NCAA-certified event will be held during an NCAA live recruiting period and will be open to NCAA coaches from Thursday, July 11 at 1:00 p.m. ET Sunday, July 14 at 6:00 p.m. ET."

Maybe there's a chance of finding a decent post player among these prospects - right in our backyard.

rossvilledog
The above quotes are from the Hoopshype site.
begger
Hope the staff checks it out.
blackmountaindawg
Crean mentioned at a presser he can't "recruit" or mention names of potential grad transfers until they have graduated. My hope is that, there is a August grad that will show up in Athens come Sept, and is 6'8"+
Monkdawg
Are these games open to the public?
begger
It's possible since they are "exhibition" games. I know some of the games have been in the past.

Not sure how to find out though. Perhaps someone could tweet them to ask at the twitter listed at the bottom. I don't tweet so I can't do it.
rossvilledog
Their twitter account is locked meaning you have to get their permission to follow them. I tried to direct message them the question about being open to the public but didn't hear back. I suspect not, since on the NBA website it states that even media who are interested in attending must contact a particular guy to make arrangements.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.