2019-'20 Hoop Dawgs

2,951 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by blackmountaindawg
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Monkdawg
Like the group as a whole. But I am concerned about our post position, both offensively and defensively.
blackmountaindawg
Monkdawg said:

Like the group as a whole. But I am concerned about our post position, both offensively and defensively.
Especially when the big guy we signed, Howard, appears shorter than 5'8" Wheeler.
Next years class "screams" for posts and guards. Hard to believe Wheeler and Fagan will be the only returning guards.
Nostradawgus
BMD - I had pegged Walton as a swing guard/shooting guard rather than a small forward. Is this incorrect?

But your point remains. Of the presumably six available schollys for 2020 as of right now, at least three need to be guards.
SidViciousDawg
He's definitely got the stroke of a shooting guard but lacks the ability to create shots for himself or others off the dribble, so I lean small forward. Similar to what we have in Harris, he can shoot it like a guard and can slash to the basket but his ball handling skills come up a little short to be considered a guard. I caught Carver in two regular season games plus the semis in the state and was pretty impressed but Lord is he thin in person. Hopefully Coach Hayes can get him going in the S&C department.

blackmountaindawg
I think Walton came in at 6'7", and in 2020-21 season might have grown to 6'8". 2020 season will probably begin with Wheeler and Fagan as starters, unless CTC can bring in another 5 star guard. Fagan can be a very good player if he can develop a better perimeter game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.