Everyone saying that USC is not a bad team, I beg to differ. They ARE a bad team. Granted, if Hilinski stays in the game, chances are they score more points but figure this-their offense scored a total of 13 points in regulation plus two OT periods. They had 297 yards total offense. We turned the ball over FOUR times, including a gift wrapped 7 points for them. We had 3 other TO's, all three were at SCarolina's 30 or inside their 30.

Our playcalling was horrible and Jake Fromm I think played one of his worst games in his career, maybe the worst but we still got 468 total yards and 30 first downs.

Bottom line is this, we played about as bad as we can play on offense but still almost pulled that game out despite it all. What sucks is really good teams DO pull those type games off, especially at home. Our defense did a good job overall but you are playing two FR QB's and don't force a single TO. I can't be mad at the defense but you can point to plays where if they make a stop or force a TO, it provides the offense with a spark-of course the one unfortunate play where we had them stopped deep in our territory and Adam Anderson trips over the OL and gets called for roughing the QB, it is those type of penalties/plays that almost screamed we were going to lose the game. The penalty when we were within Rod's FG range with 8 seconds, another sign.

I think this team has enough talent to run the table, but honestly I can say I have not felt like this was a top 5 team all year. We have not had that game (YET) where you think, my gosh, this team has a chance to be special. The last two years, we have had games like that, where you see the talent and you see and explosive team on both sides, we have yet to see that yet. We shall see if that team shows up down the stretch.