Coaching at UGA is bad bad bad...............!

2,338 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Haney
BIGKNINE1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coaching at UGA has been all BAD since Vince reired. With all the talent in the world, UGA is just a mediocre team because its coaches are mediocre. K smart................OMG, what a dumbo.,
Haney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I don't think all our coaches are bad since Vince, and remember, football has changed a LOT since Vince retired, and Vince averaged about 8-9 wins a year, other than the HW years, he won 8 or 9 a lot of seasons.

The problem I have right now is that we have talent and just don't seem to use it. We MIGHT very well have better recruiters than coaches, and that includes Kirby-I do think Kirby knows defense but I am not sure I like what he has done on the offensive side-whether that is by his control of the offense or the coaches he has hired. None of us know just how involved Kirby is with the offense. What is interesting to me is that when Eason was our QB, our offense was more centered around throwing the ball. With Fromm it has continued to be more based on running the ball-I think running is a good thing, especially with our talented RB's but I don't think running it up the middle every time is the answer. It has been said that Jake Fromm is such a great leader and QB because he can read the defense and get us into a play that will work against the defense-if that is true, he did a poor job of that against SCarolina, because the up the gut run on 1st and 2nd down were resulting in 3rd and 5 or 6 nearly every drive. Was he simply calling the plays given to him on Saturday?? Again, we as fans don't know what is going on, but all we can go on is what we see and the gameplan for Saturday was not good-but that begs the question, how many plays do we actually call?? We rarely throw to the middle of the field, we don't throw any slants, we seem stuck on the back shoulder throws, we did take a few shots downfield but otherwise it appeared all our passes were to the outside and SCarolina had that covered. We never run the toss sweep any longer, I remember we did a toss sweep in Kirby's first game, Chubb scored a long TD against UNC. I am trying to think of how many of those I have seen since year one of Kirby?? We have two talented FR WR's, they make plays and need to play all the time, Simmons and Landers do not make plays, you must play the players that make plays.

On defense, I feel like we are playing pretty well but then you think about it, SCarolina with the backup QB didn't score until the OT, but we didn't force any turnovers either. We have not forced many TO's all season, and luckily, until the SCarolina game, our offense hadn't been turning it over either. But you can see the potential of some of our younger guys and I hope they start playing more. When you recruit as such a high level, you are recruiting kids that are good enough to play immediately, and I feel like we need to play the Nolan Smith's more, he makes plays when he is in the game.

This season can still pan out like we all thought, but we took away any margin of error, and we lost a division game at home, against a team we should have never lost to and I think that is what stings right now. The previous two years, we at least lost on the road to ranked teams that had at least equal talent. When you lose to a team you have more talent than, at home, it stings more and I think that is what we are all feeling now. Also knowing we have a tough stretch coming up after the bye, it gives you very little hope we can run the table.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.