Kirby Smart Press Conference: Follow Along with Dawg Post Live

3,706 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Haney
Dean Legge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We will post here when the event starts at Noon EST.
Dean Legge
Staff
Kirby will get going with his first press conference of the year at noon.

Stay tuned for our updates through the event and the rest of the day.
Dean Legge
Staff
Vanderbilt has a really good player at every level.

Mason prides himself on controlling the run. They out rushed us last year in the first half.
Dylan Webber
Staff
Kirby talking about how Vandy held them on the run last season, especially in the first half. Says that first gald was one of their worst performances rushing last year.
Dean Legge
Staff
We have to prepare for both of Vandy's QB. The guys around them are really good. The are as good at RB, WR and TE as we will see this season.
Dean Legge
Staff
we always worry about crowd noise when we go on the road.
Dylan Webber
Staff
"You find out a lot about your guys," Kirby saying that a conference opener on the road shows a lot about your younger players - freshman specifically. Their feet are in the fire, he says.
Dean Legge
Staff
I don't know who is going to travel yet. That's a decision we make after practice this week.
Dean Legge
Staff
UGA will make a decision on snapper this week Kirby said.
Dylan Webber
Staff
A decision hasn't been made at right guard yet. Cade Mays is still working all around the line. Ben Cleveland has mostly been at right guard, but has also gotten reps at left guard, according to Smart.
Dean Legge
Staff
Kirby: Our drive is to be the best.
Dean Legge
Staff
Kirby: I think Zamir is confident in his knee.
Dylan Webber
Staff
Kirby on Zamir White: "I think he's really confident in his knee and his health." Followed up saying that some of the expectations for him are probably unwarranted.
Dylan Webber
Staff
Kirby says that the wide receivers have "been by committee" so far -- said about eight or nine receivers make that committee up.
GAinLA
Thanks guys.

Haney
First games of the season are hard to predict, but I do like that fact that we are playing a conference game first, and we get the back to back trips to the state of Tenn split up this year. I also like the fact that Vandy is a place that is easy for UGA fans to travel and the prediction right now is about 70-30 in favor of UGA fans at the game.

Vandy to me is a well coached team, and they have been good enough recently to play in bowl games, which to me gets the attention of the players. I expect Vandy to come ready to play, and I am hoping we are focused and play well. The next two weeks before the Irish are games to get the young kids in, let everyone play, but I want Kirby and our players to set the tone for the SECE in this first game, we have not played a close east game in a couple years, I want that to continue. I have always felt like that Bama in football, and UK in basketball have a mental edge on SEC opponents, meaning, the jersey they wear gives them an advantage over the opponent before the game even starts. I am wanting that to be UGA as well especially within our division. We run the table again this year, that is 3 straight years of 6-0 against the east, that is setting the tone without question.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.