Diana Collins has entered the transfer portal

1,223 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need to really go after Diana and let her know she can accomplish her dreams at UGA. I think she is looking for playing time more than NIL. We have 3 guards coming in but all will be freshmen. Diana has good size and one year of experience. We need all the help that we can get. There will be others and I hope Coach Abe goes after Diana.
Dawg44
Where is she now? What is her home town? How many years left does she have to play?
mmixon
Diana was at Ohio State and led Brookwood to the 2023 7A State Championship. Diana has 3 years remaining. She really impressed me with her leadership skills and abilities to hit the big shot down the stretch. Joni had a commitment from her which was part of Joni's best class. Barker, Sydney Bowles, Collins and another guard Tineya Hylton who is from Toronto Canada. Joni and staff went after Bowles I believe, I am not sure on that. I would have evaluated Bowles and Flaujae Johnson with my eyes. Flaujae has started from day one with LSU and Bowles has been a reserve player. That is why I said you can't magazine recruit because they almost always overlook great players.
caejal44
I have a feeling these next two weeks are going to be busy in the transfer portal. Tennessee just fired Harper, which means some of her players will probably transfer, and whoever replaces her will have players probably transfer as well.
mmixon
Wow, I can't believe that they fired her. Her teams were playing better these last 2 years. But I am with you Caejal44, we need to take advantage of these fired coaches and go after some good players.
caejal44
I wonder if they go after Coach Yo. She knows the SEC, and may be able to make the jump from very good to elite with the resources Tennessee could offer.

Harper's record was solid with a ton of talent, but Coach Yo's record has been just as solid with arguably less talent.
dawg212003
The problem with that is Yo's mouth. From my understanding she had the UGA job but couldn't keep her mouth shut. And she always arguing with folks on social media. It's not a good look.
mmixon
Are you kidding me, Coach Yo could have been UGA Coach. I am about to say something crazy, if things don't work out with Coach Abe and you are UGA AD and Kellie Harper is available, wouldn't you go after Harper. She was solid at Tennessee and in my opinion getting better. If she puts someone on Cardoso in the SEC Tournament, they beat Carolina. Last season they knock off LSU in the tournament. She had an excellent staff who was very good in recruiting, I would take her in a minute. I don't know who is involved with Tennessee, they made a big mistake. Harper was fixing to blossom and Tennessee couldn't see it. I pray that if things don't work out for UGA in the next couple of years that we go after her.
mmixon
Georgia Amoore has entered the transfer portal. Probably following Kenny Brooks to Kentucky.
mmixon
Diana Collins has committed to Alabama.
Slappy Sloppy15
The reality is Georgia has become an as also ran in women's college basketball and has to get better from within with the current players and new recruits because the big name players are not even looking this way.
mmixon
I agree Slappy Sloppy15, Coach Abe is a very good coach. I really like her, but her downfall will be not a decent recruiter. It looks like the girls in the transfer portal are not looking at UGA as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.