2024 is Over

650 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Mbmdawg
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First losing season in 45 years. We have to do things differently, starting with recruiting. So far we have 4 recruits coming in next year and we really need to hit the transfer portal and the junior colleges to add at least 3 forwards and a big guard.
Something I don't like is that we have no connection with the state of Georgia anymore. Coach Abe entire staff is former players in which none is from the state. The staff has yet to sign a player from Georgia. I haven't read any posts on UGA staff going to any school in Georgia to form relationships with players and coaches. UGA has completely lost the state. Danielle Carnegie is probably going to be Miss Georgia Basketball and I never heard her mention UGA. Tech is killing us in recruiting and that has never happened before. We were lucky to get the Davis Twins but they are not considered to be the best in the class. If we don't get some real talent in the spring, we will be at the bottom next season. Aubrey Beckham is looking like the best next season and I am not sure our staff can convince her that UGA is a school she can better herself. Never thought I would see UGA this bad in Women Basketball. 5 final fours, 11 elite eights and around 20 sweet sixteen. Coach Landers set standards and when we went recruiting, there were always talented players who wanted to come. Nowadays kids don't even know if we play basketball at UGA.
Coach Abe has taken players and redshirted most. That was okay in the American Athletic Conference, but this is the SEC and your freshman has to be ready to play. I look at South Carolina, Stanford, Ohio State and LSU with top players from Georgia and they are not at UGA which really hurts. Tech also has quite a few Georgia players. The only player so far that will be on next year's team is Demauri Flournoy and she is out of position at an undersized 2 guard. UGA has always been Georgia first. Coach Abe needs to get someone on her staff who connects with Georgia. The person I would like to see is Sherrill Baker. She is Georgia and she knows the game. She is currently at Bucknell, would love to see her back in Athens.
Mbmdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Michael. Check your email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.