Here's the battle we're fighting now.

403 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This article shows that UK has at least $5.7 million in NIL money to throw around. You gotta pay to play now. You always had to; now it's legal....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/mark-pope-s-kentucky-basketball-takeover-after-john-calipari-departure-triggers-stunning-nil-surge/ar-BB1lYt67?ocid=U142DHP&pc=U142&cvid=26885b28110e47d584c6f6d7bf31d52e&ei=11
Nostradawgus
Total balance. Or at least that is my interpretation.

Compare, I have seen enough chatter on the interwebs to guesstimate that the football NIL budget currently operates at $1M per month.

But point taken. If you're going to be the man, you got to NIL like the man.

I'm sure Brooks & Co. knows the market numbers for all sports - including hoops - and combined.

I doubt we are at UK level. But we must be doing something as our transfers are not bargain bin. I wonder how we stack up with the Arkansas portal acquisitions.
Monkdawg
Nostradawgus said:

Total balance. Or at least that is my interpretation.

Compare, I have seen enough chatter on the interwebs to guesstimate that the football NIL budget currently operates at $1M per month.

But point taken. If you're going to be the man, you got to NIL like the man.

I'm sure Brooks & Co. knows the market numbers for all sports - including hoops - and combined.

I doubt we are at UK level. But we must be doing something as our transfers are not bargain bin. I wonder how we stack up with the Arkansas portal acquisitions.
Arkansas is loading up - 3 freshmen from UK's class, 2 transfers from UK, 1 from UTk and 1 from FAU - all highly ranked.... 2 centers, a SG and a SF from the portal. Like all of Cal's recent teams, they will be talented. Can they mesh? Will they play defense? Will there be enough basketballs to go around?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.