Lawrence a Dawg

415 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by BallDawg
blackmountaindawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to TOS.
BallDawg
Don't love it but don't hate it. Probably not that many better more experienced guards out there at this point so it is what it is.
blackmountaindawg
We need a pure point guard. Too many wings/SGs on roster.
Monkdawg
blackmountaindawg said:

We need a pure point guard. Too many wings/SGs on roster.
I agree. We need a pure PG, SF and C. I wouldn't say too many SGs though. We had too few guards last year. Nobody should be able to press us and we ought to be able to press the crap out of people.
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Don't love it but don't hate it. Probably not that many better more experienced guards out there at this point so it is what it is.
I agree with this.
Monkdawg
This staff may think that 1 of these SG transfers would be an adequate backup at PG.
BallDawg
As a pure basketball junkie, and just a guess honestly, I bet they see for value in trying to let De'Shayne grow as a true point guard. Way more eligibility than the other transfers, and from watching film he seems to have better court vision, and playmaking creation compared to someone like Leffew, who benefited from the "right place right time" reality. If the staff does a good job, I think that a combo of De'Shayne and Silas would be good and might check off all boxes if they both became better distributors and playmakers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.