Frank leaving is

435 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Monkdawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bad for us. I know he is replaceable but I was talking to my buddy about this, and even though you could technically upgrade from frank, he was kind of the perfect fit. How many scholarship players this late in the portal are going to want to come here, accept the role as a bench player, and be a good veteran leader. Him entering on the last day gives me hope that he purely entered just to enter, and is considering returning. If he leaves, that gives us 5 scholarships to fill, and means that we still have a lot of work to do. 2-3 of these guys are gonna have to accept bench roles and be okay with that, and Frank was and honestly was solid when he played sparsely. The more I think about it the more I think it might not hurt us, but inconvenience us at this point, and put more stress on recruiting for CMW.
DenmarkDane
Yeah...having those guys that stick around for more than 1 or 2 years can really help a team make jumps from year to year. How do you establish a winning, disciplined culture when you only have a very small handful of players that return from year to year? Plus, as fans, you love seeing players that are committed and loyal to both the team and university. How many of the players that only came here for a year are people going to even remember several years down the road?
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

bad for us. I know he is replaceable but I was talking to my buddy about this, and even though you could technically upgrade from frank, he was kind of the perfect fit. How many scholarship players this late in the portal are going to want to come here, accept the role as a bench player, and be a good veteran leader. Him entering on the last day gives me hope that he purely entered just to enter, and is considering returning. If he leaves, that gives us 5 scholarships to fill, and means that we still have a lot of work to do. 2-3 of these guys are gonna have to accept bench roles and be okay with that, and Frank was and honestly was solid when he played sparsely. The more I think about it the more I think it might not hurt us, but inconvenience us at this point, and put more stress on recruiting for CMW.
Maybe Frank doesn't want that bench role anymore. Maybe he wants to go somewhere he can start. I don't know. I do know we can upgrade the position.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.