Abson role next year.

333 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Monkdawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I understand that offensively, he is limited to say the least. A lob threat and put back big in the SEC, and I think that is okay and can be a positive. I think he has decent moves, can turn on his left shoulder and get in good position for a float or a 15 footer. I do not think he is going to average double digits, but he is a guy that can give you 10 and 10 any given night depending on the matchup and minutes played. This is a huge upgrade from Ibe, even thought I liked frank, he was a below average SEC player. Then talking about his defensive ability it should not be understanded. While yes, the SBC is not the same caliber of conference as the SEC, it is a very respectable conference, give him time and the defense will definitely translate. I think we should put some confidence in Abson and Somto to handle most of the minutes at the 5 unless we go small. I am not saying we should not get another 5, but especially if we get Godfrey, our forwards are going to be loaded and deep, a good problem. I think now the focus should be on finding more shooting, a true point guard, and bigger guards that can play/guard the 3.
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BallDawg said:

I understand that offensively, he is limited to say the least. A lob threat and put back big in the SEC, and I think that is okay and can be a positive. I think he has decent moves, can turn on his left shoulder and get in good position for a float or a 15 footer. I do not think he is going to average double digits, but he is a guy that can give you 10 and 10 any given night depending on the matchup and minutes played. This is a huge upgrade from Ibe, even thought I liked frank, he was a below average SEC player. Then talking about his defensive ability it should not be understanded. While yes, the SBC is not the same caliber of conference as the SEC, it is a very respectable conference, give him time and the defense will definitely translate. I think we should put some confidence in Abson and Somto to handle most of the minutes at the 5 unless we go small. I am not saying we should not get another 5, but especially if we get Godfrey, our forwards are going to be loaded and deep, a good problem. I think now the focus should be on finding more shooting, a true point guard, and bigger guards that can play/guard the 3.
As things stand right now, Abson is our backup C. Now, he's 6'9" and likely to get pushed around in the post in the SEC. I suspect Cyril will get in some foul trouble as a freshman, so I would like to have an experienced post that can man the position as a backup. Again, there are a ton of players in the portal, many of whom would fit what we need. We don't need a star as a backup post.

I would like to get at least 1 high quality SF and a solid backup for him. And we badly need a backup PG.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.