Portal Targets

598 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BallDawg
BallDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any updates on how the Transfer Portal is going for us? I saw that we are some finalists for a few transfers from Mount Saint Mary's in the NEC Conference. Senior guard Dakota Leffew and Deshayne Montgomery. Dakota averaged 18,4,4 on pretty solid shooting splits and good volume, who could be a replacement (maybe upgrade?) from Jabri as our 3&D. It appears he only has one year of eligibility left unless I am wrong but would be a good get. He played at Jonesboro high school here in GA and a year at Middle Georgia Prep, so hopefully he feels at home in Georgia. We made his final 6, but he has some pretty big schools targeting him with other big NIL deals, so i'm curious how that turns out. We are also targeting his teammate DeShayne Montgomery, a freshman from Florida who looks pretty athletic and seems to be able to shoot the ball pretty well. I think he might be a bigger priority purley because he has 3 years of eligibility left, even if he as not as good as Dakota right now. His top 4 is a few other SEC schools, and I think he might be going to Ole Miss, but who knows to be honest. I think he would be a good depth piece, and we have plenty of scholarships and going after a young player with eligibility left would be ideal. I know we need a few solid bigs, but does anyone else know any other targets or people we have traction on? It seems to be pretty quiet for us so far, which is okay, just curious.
Monkdawg
I have to think we have a good shot at Randall Godfrey's kid, who is portalling out of Clemson. I'm sure Randall would love to see him in Athens. He's a PF, I believe.

As I recall, we began to get commitments after G-Day last year and after kids had done their official visits to Athens. Let's see who makes official visits. That tells us where there is mutual interest.

We have a lot of work to do in the portal. Right now we have 5 returnees and 1 incoming freshman. So, we need 7 either out of the portal or from decommits to other schools. We have 1 PG, 1 SG, 2 PFs and a C. We absolutely HAVE to get another center, preferably a starter. We need at least 1 PG and I think 2 other guards in some form. That would leave 3 spots - probably 2 wings and another post.
jt10mc
Big kid out of Clemson is one....2 from Mt St Marys...Friday a 7 footer from.App St was there.
BallDawg
The app state kid would be huge. 6'10 gets the job done in the SEC. Being SBC DPOY is a good look, and I like the idea of adding a rim protector of his caliber. I do not know if he has the offensive skill threat beyond anything of a lob threat and put back kind of guy, but that is okay. I would like us to get a 4, maybe even a bigger 3 guard, who could stretch the floor, as I feel like that is so important and would compliment Silas's driving ability.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.