Recruiting 2020

5,387 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mmixon
mmixon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw were Anaya Boyd and Genesis Bryant both have UGA and Georgia Tech listed in their offers. I don't know if the lists I looked at are the Teams they will choose from. If so, I like our chances. Joni could be taking her biggest step in changing recruiting in Georgia.
Tyree02
I noticed that some schools that offered on their respective lists after I retweeted it. South Carolina has offered Anaya Boyd as of 2-3 weeks ago. Also, Sallie Schutz is another kid to look out for. She is a local kid from around the Athens area. She is a 6'1 G/F.
mmixon
This is 2019 instead of 2020. I was checking up on Shemera Williams list and she just received an offer from Tina Thompson who is Virginia new Head Coach. Shemera other offers are Wisconsin, Kansas State, Minnesota, Marquette, West Virginia, Illinois Kentucky and UGA. When you look at her list, if she doesn't mind leaving her home state, I like our chances. She hasn't indicated at all who she likes or possibly leaning towards. I just hope Joni can get her to visit UGA on an official. Even though she average 40 points a game, she passes the ball very well. Would be a great addition to our team.
mmixon
Here are some more 2020 forwards that Joni had in last year's Camp:
Amirah Abdur-Rahim 6'2" Saint Francis, Ga
Treasure Hunt 6'1" Hamilton Heights, Tn
Olivia Cochran 6' 3" Carver-Columbus, Ga
Sallie Schutz 6'1" Westminster, Ga
Madison Hayes 6'0" East Hamilton, Tn
Avyonce (AC) Carter 6' 0" Wesleyan, Ga
Savannah Samuel 6' 0" River Ridge, Ga
Treasure Hunt is the highest ranked player, she is top ten for 2020 as of this moment. Madison Hayes was offered last summer at Joni's Camp. AC Carter has been to UGA Games during the season also went to a football game with the team. Amirah Abdur-Rahim also was at a football game. Savannah Samuel was at a UGA Basketball Game as well. AC and Amirah was with Raven Johnson in Basketball Games and Football Game. I have noticed that each of these young ladies play with Raven who has a special effect on each. That is one reason I am hoping for a very early commit from Raven. The staff is at almost every game that Raven plays regular season as well as AAU. I really believe a commit will draw almost any of these young ladies. Raven has always played up even though she is only 14 years old, leads her Team to the 7A Championship. I think of Te'a Cooper who committed early to UNC her Freshman year and Carolina had that "1 ranked recruiting class before she graduated high school. Cooper decommitted and every one of those ladies transferred. But another such effect was Notre Dame getting a commit from Candice Wiggins which elevated Notre Dame to the final four and they have missed only one in the last 9 years, incredible. I think with the recent success by UGA and a commit by Raven would definitely bring UGA back to the elite.
Tyree02
If Joni brings in the class I think she will, a lot of these kids will be left on the outside looking in. Georgia is looking good for a lot of players in the top 20 and we could sign as many as three in the top 20. We are in a position to hold out until the end and save ships for the 2020 class if need be. I know Joni doesn't like to use schollies just to use them for kids that will not contribute to this program and I like that.
mmixon
I am with you on that Tyree02. Are you referring to Top 20 in 2019 or 2020.
Tyree02
I was referring to us looking very good for the 2019 class and I also project that there will be a lot of transfers after next season. I look for some high profile kids from the 2018 class from other schools to be on the move, and I bet some will be kids from the state of Georgia could make their way back to the peach state.
mmixon
I forgot about the Transfers, and there will be a bunch. I can't believe the young ladies that keep going to UCONN and Notre Dame. It was quite a few who didn't play but a few minutes this season and they have loaded classes coming in.
Tyree02
Exactly! The writing is on the wall for most of those kids, but they are wanting to stick it out and you can't blame them for wanting to stick by their commitments. I expect tons of movement after next season from kids that can contribute to some teams in a good way. In other news, Georgia is a very serious player for Rickea Jackson. Chelsea Newton is close with Rickea's godmother and Rickea's god sister is non other than Betinijah Laney (Lord forgive me for wearing this girl's name out), but, yes, her! Chelsea recruited Laney to Rutgers and I expect them to be a player for her (Rickea) as well and the Laney's mother played for C. Vivian-Stringer too.
mmixon
I forgot Tyree02, that Chelsea was one of Rutgers biggest recruiters before she came to UGA. Those ties already with Rickea's God Sister Betinijah Laney goes a long way. A class with Jayn Nicholson and Rickea Jackson definitely will move UGA back into the ten easily with what we already have. It's getting better and better for UGA.
gablue1
I wonder how much Longer Vivian plans to Coach. She is 70.
gablue1
Yep. I think Mikayla Coombs is a prime example.

Appeared in 25 games averaged 1.1 points per game and 0.8 rebounds per game had three points, two steals and two rebounds vs. Temple (2/18) scored five and added three rebounds vs. Wichita State (2/10) scored a season-high six points at Temple (1/21) while shooting 4-for-4 from the free throw line notched three steals and two rebounds at Houston (1/13) made collegiate debut vs. Stanford (11/12).
gablue1
mmixon said:

Here are some more 2020 forwards that Joni had in last year's Camp:
Amirah Abdur-Rahim 6'2" Saint Francis, Ga
Treasure Hunt 6'1" Hamilton Heights, Tn
Olivia Cochran 6' 3" Carver-Columbus, Ga
Sallie Schutz 6'1" Westminster, Ga
Madison Hayes 6'0" East Hamilton, Tn
Avyonce (AC) Carter 6' 0" Wesleyan, Ga
Savannah Samuel 6' 0" River Ridge, Ga
Treasure Hunt is the highest ranked player, she is top ten for 2020 as of this moment. Madison Hayes was offered last summer at Joni's Camp. AC Carter has been to UGA Games during the season also went to a football game with the team. Amirah Abdur-Rahim also was at a football game. Savannah Samuel was at a UGA Basketball Game as well. AC and Amirah was with Raven Johnson in Basketball Games and Football Game. I have noticed that each of these young ladies play with Raven who has a special effect on each. That is one reason I am hoping for a very early commit from Raven. The staff is at almost every game that Raven plays regular season as well as AAU. I really believe a commit will draw almost any of these young ladies. Raven has always played up even though she is only 14 years old, leads her Team to the 7A Championship. I think of Te'a Cooper who committed early to UNC her Freshman year and Carolina had that "1 ranked recruiting class before she graduated high school. Cooper decommitted and every one of those ladies transferred. But another such effect was Notre Dame getting a commit from Candice Wiggins which elevated Notre Dame to the final four and they have missed only one in the last 9 years, incredible. I think with the recent success by UGA and a commit by Raven would definitely bring UGA back to the elite.

You are thinking of Skylar Diggins. Candice Wiggins actually went to Stanford.
mmixon
Thanks gablue1, I was talking to a friend on the phone last night and I realized it then. For some reason, Skylar and Candice reminds me of each other. I just hope we can swing a commitment from Raven early. That would pick up recruiting in the state and surrounding states as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.