Joni Taylor

2,239 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
Tyree02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has been selected to coach the USA U18 team! There are a couple of 2019 kids that are trying out for the team. We are on some of those kids like Maori Davenport along with some others. I see that Georgia is trying to get in on Brea Beal as well. This could be huge for us in recruiting.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2018/05/wu18-court-coaches.aspx

May 8, 2018

Joni Taylor of the University of Georgia has been selected to serve as a court coach at the 2018 USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team Trials, which will take place May 26-28 at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Taylor will be on hand to assist the USA U18 coaching staff of Jeff Walz (Louisville), Natasha Adair (Delaware) and Cori Close (UCLA) during trials, which will be used to determine finalists for the 2018 USA Women's U18 National Team that will compete in the 2018 FIBA Americas U18 Championship.

"It is an absolute honor and privilege to serve as a court coach for the USA U18 trials," Taylor said. "I am excited to meet so many great athletes and serve alongside coaches who are truly the very best of our sport. USA Basketball has always been at the forefront of growing our game and has helped produce some of the best players in the country, so I understand the tremendous responsibility to coach these bright young women who take pride in representing us. This is a dream come true for me, and I am ready to get started."
mmixon
A great honor for Joni, you are right Tyree02, this should help us with recruiting. It makes the player who tries out for the Team think about the coaches who are there.
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.