Here's some of my favorites:

'The Twilight Zone' (1959-'64) - intelligent and thought-provoking

'Seinfeld' (1989-'98) - funny

'Breaking Bad' (2008-'13) - impressed w/ the writing, solid acting, and consistent intensity throughout the series (except for the episode where Walter and Jesse try to kill a fly in the meth lab)

'Better Call Saul' (2015-present) - prequel to the somewhat shady, but funny 'Breaking Bad' lawyer "It'sAllGood" (pronounced as "Saul") when he was called Jimmy; note: this spinoff show was created by Vince Gilligan who also created 'Breaking Bad'

'Dark' (2017) - German drama/mystery about four families interconnected over 3 (soon to be 4 generations) w/ a time-travel twist; I can't wait for season 2 (in production) which won't come out until 2019

'Stranger Things' (2016-'17) - I really liked Season 1 of this drama/fantasy (which was filmed in Georgia), but thought Season 2 was mediocre (I hope Season 3, which is in production, gets back to the first season's quality); btw, this is a series that you can watch w/ your kids

'The Wire' (2002-'08) - Baltimore criminals (drug dealers, murderers, etc.), junkies, cops, lawyers, judges, teachers, and journalists that operate in the "gray" to accomplish their agendas

'11/22/63' - 10-part HULU mini-series adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name; basically, a guy from this century is offered an opportunity from an aging man w/ cancer to go in his stead through a time portal 5 years before President JFK was shot, investigate Lee Harvey Oswald, and to kill the latter if he was acting as the lone shooter. Anyway, what would be the ramifications if JFK lived? Would the world be a better place? Also, what happens if the protagonist meets a significant other and doesn't want to return to the future? Remember this: the world is obdurate and the more you try to change significant things in it the past pushes back (resists).

'Downton Abbey' (2011-'16) - okay, my wife convinced me to watch this PBS series w/ her and I have to admit it was well done (acting and set designs); basically it's a period drama re: a British aristocratic family and their servants starting in WWI, and transitioning through the plague, then the fall of estates and their way of life

'Longmire' (2012-'17) - a 50ish sheriff in Absaroka County, Wyoming solving crimes, sometimes w/ the assistance of his childhood friend, Henry Standing Bear (played by Lou Diamond Phillips) who must ride a fine line between helping the former or his people of the Cheyenne Reservation (which is juxtaposed w/ Absaroka County); imo, the lead actor generally does a good job, but his Australian accent slips out in one episode and the editors didn't catch it (points off)

'Broadchurch' (2013-'17) - good British detective mystery (first two seasons; however, the third one is "meh")

'Bloodline' (2015-'17) - good family drama set in the Florida Keys (first 2.5 seasons are good, however, the second half of Season 3 sucks, so don't watch it)

Fwiw, I'm currently stuck on Season 1, Episode 7 of 'The Sopranos' (1999-2007); while there are parts of the show I like, I prefer the 'The Godfather' trilogy movies when it comes to mob boss dramas

Last, I'd like to see 'Game of Thrones', but I don't have an HBO subscription and it's not on Amazon Prime or Netflix.