What are your favorite movies?

3,203 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SoCalTrojanDawg
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fwiw, below is a list of my favorite movies (w/ 'Godfather Part II' being my all-time favorite):

187, 15 Minutes, A Beautiful Mind, A Bug's Life, A Civil Action, A Family Matter, A Few Good Men, Aliens, American Beauty, American History X, American Pie, American Sniper, Angel Heart, Antz, A Perfect Murder, Apocalypse Now, Apollo 13, Argo, Arlington Road, As Good As It Gets, A River Runs Through It, Awakenings, Babe - Pig in the City, Backdraft, Bad Boys, Behind Enemy Lines, Being John Malkovich, Best in Show, Big Trouble in Little China, Black Hawk Down, Blade Runner, Boogie Nights, Born on the Fourth of July, Boyz in the Hood, Braveheart, Breakdown, Brian's Song, Bulworth, Castaway, Children of Heaven, Chocolat, City Lights, Clay Pigeons, Clerks, Clockwork Orange, Coco, ConAir, Conan the Destroyer, Courage Under Fire, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Dances With Wolves, Dangal, Dante's Peak, Das Boot, Dead Poet's Society, Donnie Brasco, Do the Right Thing, Double Jeopardy, Driving Miss Daisy, Drugstore Cowboy, Duck Soup, Earth to Echo, Eight Men Out, Enemy at the Gate, Entrapment, Eraser, Erin Brockovich, E.T., Executive Decision, Falling Down, Far and Away, Farewell My Concubine, Fatal Attraction, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Field of Dreams, Finding Forrester, Flatliners, Fletch, Fools Rush In, Forrest Gump, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Frequency, Fresh, Friday, Friday Night Lights, Ghandi, Ghost, Glory, God Said 'Ha!', Gone Baby Gone, Gone With the Wind, Good Morning Vietnam, Gorillas in the Mist, Groundhog Day, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, Hacksaw Ridge, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, High Noon, Home Alone, Hoop Dreams, Hope Floats, House of Games, Hugo, Independence Day, Indiana Jones (Trilogy), Inglourious Basterds, In Love and War, In the Bedroom, In the Company of Men, In the Line of Fire, It's a Wonderful Life, Jackie Brown, Jerry Maguire, JFK, Jurassic Park, Kiss of the Spiderwoman, L.A. Confidential, Leaving Las Vegas, Liar Liar, Life is Beautiful, Lone Star, Lone Survivor, Lords of Discipline, Manhattan Falls, Man on Fire, Memento, Memphis Belle, Million Dollar Baby, Misery, Mission Impossible (Parts I and II), Mississippi Burning, Moneyball, Monuments Men, Monsters Inc., Moonstruck, Mousehunt, Mr. Holland's Opus, My Cousin Vinny, Mystic River, Murder at 1600, Nell, No Country for Old Men, No Way Out, Ocean's Eleven, October Sky, Office Space, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, On Golden Pond, On the Waterfront, OO7: Tomorrow Never Dies, Othello, Out of Africa, Out of Sight, Phenomenon, Philadelphia, Platoon, Primal Fear, Prisoners, Private Parts, Psycho (Parts I and II), Pulp Fiction, Rain Man, Rambo, Reservoir Dogs, Return to Paradise, Road Trip, Rounders, Running Scared, Saving Private Ryan, Scarface, Schindler's List, Scream (Part I), Sea of Love, Se7en, Shakespeare in Love, Shrek, Silence of the Lambs, Silkwood, Sister Act, Sleepers, Sleeping With the Enemy, Sixth Sense, Sleepless in Seattle, Sling Blade, Speed, Stand and Deliver, Stand By Me, Star Wars (original Trilogy), Stripes, Suicide Kings, Sunset Boulevard, Swingers, Taps, Terminator (Parts I and II), The African Queen, The Artist, The Bear, The Book Thief, The Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum, The Cider House Rules, The Color Purple, The Crying Game, The Dark Knight, The Elephant Man, The English Patient, The Firm, The Fugitive, The Full Monty, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo [Swedish version w/ English subtitles], The Godfather (Trilogy), The Grapes of Wrath, The Great Escape, The Green Mile, The Hitcher, The Horse Whisperer, The Hunt for Red October, The Joy Luck Club, The Karate Kid, The Killing Fields, The Lion King, The Lord of the Rings (Trilogy), The Majestic, The Maltese Falcon, The Matrix, The Meaning of Life, The Natural, The Negotiator, The Nutty Professor, The Pentagon Wars, The Pianist, The Rookie, The Saint, The Scarlet Letter, The Score, The Shawshank Redemption, The Spanish Prisoner, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Truman Show, The Untouchables, The Wizard of Oz, There's Something About Mary, This is Spinal Tap, Three Kings, Titanic, To Kill a Mockingbird, Top Gun, Toy Story 2, Traffic, Twilight Zone, U-571, Ulee's Gold, Unbroken, Unforgiven, Unlawful Entry, Vacation, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, When Harry Met Sally, Your Friends and Neighbors, Zero Dark Thirty
champ1210
The first two Die Hards and the first three Indiana Jones movies. The Ten Commandments is still a classic. All movies I could and have watched numerous times.
cincydawg
A less heralded movie the wife and I like a lot is "A Good Year" with Russel Crowe.
SoCalTrojanDawg
My favorites are.....

"Breakfast at Tiffany's"
"Airport"
"Gone With The Wind"
"The Wizard of Oz"
"McLintock"
"Love Me or Leave Me"
"It Happened on Fifth Avenue"
"Sunset Boulevard"
"Hollywood Canteen"
And soooooooo many more!

Gosh, having worked in the movie industry for so long, naturally, my list would go on infinitum beyond this.

My all time favorite actors/entertainers are...

Dick Powell, Don DeFore, Victor Moore, Doris Day, Bette Davis, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, Robert Young and several more!

This question is not a good one for someone like me!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.