Where's the post where the poster denigrated Western Civilization?

4,216 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cantonk9
aaronfullen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sorry for the stupid post but I read it on the run yesterday and now that I have time to respond, I can't find it.

It was the thread where someone responded to his post with something like, "well that really killed the thread."

Thanks in advance,

-af
gregbluefanclub
Not tying to impede on your right to post, but, personally, would be fine with that thread not coming back. A lot of ad hominem attacks that aren't exactly constructive dialogue.

Just my two cents.
REDdawg12
Haha yeaaaa...There were 2. One was about the male cheerleaders in NFL and the other was about ESPN not showing the national anthem.
aaronfullen
Fair enough. I just wanted to inject some facts into the conversation.

-af
Dean Legge
Staff
It could have been moved to the back porch.

https://dawgpost.com/forums/4
PurpleBrave
I think it got moved to the back porch forum.

We'd all rather talk about the CheezIt bowl
tdperk
If it was the post about the male dancing cheerleaders, I want to sit back and watch the fireworks.
HunkerDownDawgs
It was the male cheerleading thread wherein Viperoy explained that the traditional definition of a "real man" is a brutish and uneducated thug lacking in restraint, civility or a respect for others (especially minorities), and likely supports Trump, whereas others like himself who read books, spend time contemplating the nature of things and love the idea of watching male cheerleaders dance because equal opportunity applies to all things in all ways are the gold standard of what a man should aspire to be in a utopian society.
viperoy
HunkerDownDawgs said:

It was the male cheerleading thread wherein Viperoy explained that the traditional definition of a "real man" is a brutish and uneducated thug lacking in restraint, civility or a respect for others (especially minorities), and likely supports Trump, whereas others like himself who read books, spend time contemplating the nature of things and love the idea of watching male cheerleaders dance because equal opportunity applies to all things in all ways are the gold standard of what a man should aspire to be in a utopian society.
I didn't explain the definition of a "real man" as you stated in your post. The previous posters are the ones that gave it that definition. If you had asked me the definition of a real man it would have included, among many other things, a man who can quietly choose to watch or not watch a male cheerleader--without further thought or judgement. And, can stand, sit, wallow, kneel or whatever when any particular song is sung--national anthem or otherwise--once again having no care how others act at that time. I don't know of a real man who asks what he is to do during the singing in order to please those around him. Grow some balls and take this to the back porch if interested--if your BS image will allow you to be on the back porch with another man.
Firebrand
I didn't read those posts so my reply may be off topic. But I really wish that folks would concentrate on what we have in common and respect or at least tolerate differences in Outlook.

My best friends are folks I disagree with about MANY things political, cultural, theologically important things. But they were still my wedding groomsmen and I'm still their kids godfather. We have morals in common, we love this country although we may disagree in what is best for it or how to achieve that.

I'm neither left or right. I have conservative friends for gun regulation and deeply liberal friends that have open carry licenses, hunt and/or go to the range weekly with their kids.

Recently went fishing with an atheist and a pastor. We had a great time, fed those fish very well that day because we were too busy laughing on the beach.

I have somewhat-feminist conservative friends and Democratic party card carrying members that have some conservative beliefs about women and their role, their abilities.

I've got black friends that voted for Trump and White friends who voted for Obama.

The broad brush painiting is unsettling to me. But maybe my experience is very odd. I will admit that I'm a unique individual!
CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

HunkerDownDawgs said:

I didn't explain the definition of a "real man" as you stated in your post. The previous posters are the ones that gave it that definition. If you had asked me the definition of a real man it would have included, among many other things, a man who can quietly choose to watch or not watch a male cheerleader--without further thought or judgement. And, can stand, sit, wallow, kneel or whatever when any particular song is sung--national anthem or otherwise--once again having no care how others act at that time. I don't know of a real man who asks what he is to do during the singing in order to please those around him. Grow some balls and take this to the back porch if interested--if your BS image will allow you to be on the back porch with another man.
This post is gold.

I don't think the definition you just gave of a real man would ever end a conversation with "Grow some balls and take this to the back porch if interested--if your BS image will allow you to be on the back porch with another man."

PS - I responded. I'm anxiously awaiting another rambling response bringing up every 24 hour news talking point! My DawgPost image is everything to me but I'm willing to take the hit!
cantonk9
How did I miss this???????
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.