NFL's first male dancers will hit the sidelines this season

8,905 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88Fox
ColonialDawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw this. Not a fan. Why is it that everything that is manly is being turned into a circus?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/us/nfl-male-dancers-trnd/index.html
Dirteater Dawg
The traditional 'man' is on the endangered species list in the younger generations.
Bulldawg1
I prefer college football for many reasons - this is another one.
If they were stunt men, doing trips, holding up girls, etc that is fine. Doing the same stuff? It is not something I would find enjoyable or entertaining to watch
HunkerDownDawgs
Not surprised one of the teams is the Rams. I moved to LA about 18 months ago and CA is just as liberal as people make fun of it for being. The funny thing is, they think everyone else is strange for not thinking like they do. Let's just say it has taken some getting used to and that I am not as "vocally opinionated" as I used to be.
ColonialDawg
HunkerDownDawgs said:

Not surprised one of the teams is the Rams. I moved to LA about 18 months ago and CA is just as liberal as people make fun of it for being. The funny thing is, they think everyone else is strange for not thinking like they do. Let's just say it has taken some getting used to and that I am not as "vocally opinionated" as I used to be.
Aren't male dancers known by the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects?
StalkinDawg
Bulldawg1 said:

I prefer college football for many reasons - this is another one.
If they were stunt men, doing trips, holding up girls, etc that is fine. Doing the same stuff? It is not something I would find enjoyable or entertaining to watch
Right. Now if they tossed cabers, or ripped phone books in half I'd watch that.
I'm too ugly or something
Bulldawg1
I will say, I truly wouldn't enjoy it. Maybe that is on me. Treading lightly here - not insinuating anything.
However, I know a guy who through 2 good friends of mine that played baseball at Hawaii. He was on the dance team and thoroughly enjoyed it. He is a straight as they come, loves women (only his wife now), and is not weird at all. He and his family were missionaries in a rough/poor environment for a lot of years. Anyway, not being religious either. I am just saying this guy blew every stereotype out of the water. He is a great guy, a man's man, and was on the dance team at Hawaii bc he liked it, had fun, and wasn't an athlete that could be on a sports team there......I digress....but even still I am not interested in watching for joy of entertainment - and if honest with myself think it is little weird and uncomfortable.

Now yall can all make fun of me!
viperoy
Dirteater Dawg said:

The traditional 'man' is on the endangered species list in the younger generations.
The "traditional" man is a POS. The traditional man is responsible for almost every ill in society--ours and otherwise. (No, it is not lack of prayer in schools). In our country, it started with the pillaging, raping and murdering of every native American man, woman and child--the children that were not murdered were kidnapped and taken to Catholic facilities for Christianizing (I shudder to think what "Christianizing" was a code name for in the Catholic church). The adults that did not get murdered, ended up in forever shrinking reservations and today live in abject poverty (you will also note that this makes all of "us" the immigrants). Once we finished with them, we enslaved a whole race of people for a couple of hundred years and, once again, raped, beat and murdered these people at will. Only a civil war put an end to that as a legal entity--150 years later, we still have not stopped the abuse. We went on to enslave children in our factories, deny women their rights, abuse minorities and start wars all over the globe for financial gain (I assume you can see the "financial gain" theme in all of this). And look at us today. If there is anything comical in all of this, it is that we continue to give God the "glory". I am not a "typical male" and that is something I am most proud of--I'm educated, I read, I think. Imagine that you are such a typical male that you cannot watch a man dance. You are willing to watch a male cheerleader put his hand on a woman's ass and hold her up for cheering (I wonder why that is) but dancing?
StalkinDawg
Well, that's a thread killer.
CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

Dirteater Dawg said:

The "traditional" man is a POS. The traditional man is responsible for almost every ill in society--ours and otherwise. (No, it is not lack of prayer in schools). In our country, it started with the pillaging, raping and murdering of every native American child, woman and child--the children that were not murdered were kidnapped and taken to Catholic facilities for Christianizing (I shudder to think what "Christianizing" was a code name for in the Catholic church). The adults that did not get murdered, ended up in forever shrinking reservations and today live in abject poverty (you will also note that this makes all of "us" the immigrants). Once we finished with them, we enslaved a whole race of people for a couple of hundred years and, once again, raped, beat and murdered these people at will. Only a civil war put an end to that as a legal entity--150 years later, we still have not stopped the abuse. We went on to enslave children in our factories, deny women their rights, abuse minorities and start wars all over the globe for financial gain (I assume you can see the "financial gain" theme in all of this). And look at us today. If there is anything comical in all of this, it is that we continue to give God the "glory". I am not a "typical male" and that is something I am most proud of--I'm educated, I read, I think. Imagine that you are such a typical male that you cannot watch a man dance. You are willing to watch a male cheerleader put his hand on a woman's ass and hold her up for cheering (I wonder why that is) but dancing?
I got really lost in your rambling but I got this:

You are better than every "typical" male which you seem to think is almost everyone. Being educated, reading and thinking are the hallmark of this. Weird - Those 3 things are pretty common theme in the people you seem to hate. All those typical men you described (Read: Every American leader) were all 3 of those.

But, I did come away with one thing. You are better than the majority, if not all of men. Very educated and well read! I'm proud to be a DawgPost member with you.

I will say this. It's kind of gross, for someone so educated and well read, to support a such a brutal game. Not to mention, supporting the NCAA? Maybe you should think on that.
viperoy
CummingDawg22 said:

viperoy said:

Dirteater Dawg said:

The "traditional" man is a POS. The traditional man is responsible for almost every ill in society--ours and otherwise. (No, it is not lack of prayer in schools). In our country, it started with the pillaging, raping and murdering of every native American child, woman and child--the children that were not murdered were kidnapped and taken to Catholic facilities for Christianizing (I shudder to think what "Christianizing" was a code name for in the Catholic church). The adults that did not get murdered, ended up in forever shrinking reservations and today live in abject poverty (you will also note that this makes all of "us" the immigrants). Once we finished with them, we enslaved a whole race of people for a couple of hundred years and, once again, raped, beat and murdered these people at will. Only a civil war put an end to that as a legal entity--150 years later, we still have not stopped the abuse. We went on to enslave children in our factories, deny women their rights, abuse minorities and start wars all over the globe for financial gain (I assume you can see the "financial gain" theme in all of this). And look at us today. If there is anything comical in all of this, it is that we continue to give God the "glory". I am not a "typical male" and that is something I am most proud of--I'm educated, I read, I think. Imagine that you are such a typical male that you cannot watch a man dance. You are willing to watch a male cheerleader put his hand on a woman's ass and hold her up for cheering (I wonder why that is) but dancing?

You are better than every "typical" male which you seem to think is almost everyone. Being educated, reading and thinking are the hallmark of this. Weird - Those 3 things are pretty common theme in the people you seem to hate. All those typical men you described (Read: Every American leader) were all 3 of those.

But, I did come away with one thing. You are better than the majority, if not all of men. Very educated and well read! I'm proud to be a DawgPost member with you.

I will say this. It's kind of gross, for someone so educated and well read, to support a such a brutal game. Not to mention, supporting the NCAA? Maybe you should think on that.
Rambling, as you called it, is fairly expected when discussing a broad subject covering hundreds of years in a single paragraph.

In spite of what you stated, please point out to me where I said "almost everyone" is a "typical male". That never happened in my post but I guess facts are not important to you. If almost everyone was a typical male, Trump would have won the popular vote. "Hate" is a term people used to discredit those that do not see things their way. Hate was never mentioned in my post, but once again, facts seem not to matter to you.

As far as me claiming to be better than everyone, I will need you to point that out to me also. There seems to be a Trumpish pattern with you in that you call everyone else a liar and bellyache about "fake news" when clearly all the fake news and lying is coming from you.

Likely, long before you, I supported the Dawgs. Long before I spent 10 years at UGA I followed Georgia football. I don't see where that has anything to do with the subject but your comment does not surprise me.

Its odd that men talking about being "manly men" can be so fragile that they cannot watch a man dance. Turn your damn head--that's the same motion you use when you watch others being abused.

I've said all I am willing to say on this non-football subject on this football forum. If you care to explore further, send me a PM.

PurpleBrave
Faaaaabulous
uga6guy
There going to get the sh$t kick out of them. Wait and see. Some drunk fans are going to take offense to this and there going to start something with them. It's just going to start trouble.
gregbluefanclub
uga6guy said:

There going to get the sh$t kick out of them. Wait and see. Some drunk fans are going to take offense to this and there going to start something with them. It's just going to start trouble.

I think they'll be fine. Good luck to a drunk fan trying to fight someone on the field.
88Fox
viperoy said:

The "traditional" man is a POS. The traditional man is responsible for almost every ill in society--ours and otherwise.

I'm pretty traditional and I'm not responsible for any of that ****. I was born in Marietta in 1972. I haven't killed a single Indian, owned any slaves, or prevented a woman from voting. So ratchet back the POS hyperbole there, slim.

I've been thinking lately that The Patriarchy doesn't get enough credit here in the US. I mean, you can't deny that this is the first country to outlaw slavery, recognize women's right to vote, give all races and religions equal protection under the law, as well as protect every person's right to free speech. If men, collectively, have to be responsible for The Trail of Tears, don't they get credit for The Voting Rights Act?
Y'all hear that? We're using code names. - Evelle Snopes
StalkinDawg
Quote:

You are better than every "typical" male which you seem to think is almost everyone.

But, I did come away with one thing. You are better than the majority, if not all of men.
This made me laugh. Out loud as folks say today and it made me think of my Grandma's response had she read the post you are quoting. She would have said...

"Well, la dee da."

ChappyDawg
StalkinDawg said:

Quote:

You are better than every "typical" male which you seem to think is almost everyone.

But, I did come away with one thing. You are better than the majority, if not all of men.
This made me laugh. Out loud as folks say today and it made me think of my Grandma's response had she read the post you are quoting post. She would have said...

"Well, la dee da."

yearofthedawg
Viperoy conjured up a great memory from Cheers. Frazier had gotten carried away about something and was going to leave to live in the woods. Then the following exchange:

Woody: "want some pretzels, Dr Crane?"
Frazier: "no Woody. From now on I only eat what I kill"
Norm: "then I suggest you kill about half a dozen beers and lighten up"
ColonialDawg
EverestDawg
best 2.5 mins of my day so far. thank you.
CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

CummingDawg22 said:

viperoy said:

Dirteater Dawg said:

Rambling, as you called it, is fairly expected when discussing a broad subject covering hundreds of years in a single paragraph.

In spite of what you stated, please point out to me where I said "almost everyone" is a "typical male". That never happened in my post but I guess facts are not important to you. If almost everyone was a typical male, Trump would have won the popular vote. "Hate" is a term people used to discredit those that do not see things their way. Hate was never mentioned in my post, but once again, facts seem not to matter to you.

As far as me claiming to be better than everyone, I will need you to point that out to me also. There seems to be a Trumpish pattern with you in that you call everyone else a liar and bellyache about "fake news" when clearly all the fake news and lying is coming from you.

Likely, long before you, I supported the Dawgs. Long before I spent 10 years at UGA I followed Georgia football. I don't see where that has anything to do with the subject but your comment does not surprise me.

Its odd that men talking about being "manly men" can be so fragile that they cannot watch a man dance. Turn your damn head--that's the same motion you use when you watch others being abused.

I've said all I am willing to say on this non-football subject on this football forum. If you care to explore further, send me a PM.

Your writing is actually bad. But, again, i'm glad to be a DawgPost member with you. I rarely get to interact with super intelligent people being a Trump supporting redneck who loves to look the other way regarding abuse.

** 10 years at UGA is not a great sign for someone "long before" me who claims to be such an intelligent, non-"traditional man". I don't think any true intellects view UGA as a bastion of learning in the 70s, 80s, or 90s.

You should also be disgusted you went to UGA. It doesn't have the most accepting, diverse history....
CummingDawg22
88Fox said:

viperoy said:

The "traditional" man is a POS. The traditional man is responsible for almost every ill in society--ours and otherwise.

I'm pretty traditional and I'm not responsible for any of that ****. I was born in Marietta in 1972. I haven't killed a single Indian, owned any slaves, or prevented a woman from voting. So ratchet back the POS hyperbole there, slim.

I've been thinking lately that The Patriarchy doesn't get enough credit here in the US. I mean, you can't deny that this is the first country to outlaw slavery, recognize women's right to vote, give all races and religions equal protection under the law, as well as protect every person's right to free speech. If men, collectively, have to be responsible for The Trail of Tears, don't they get credit for The Voting Rights Act?
Ugh, you are so wrong. America is the worst. That's why people are trying to move away from here at a rapid rate and not immigrate here!

You only get credit (although unearned or deserved considering it happened 100s of years before you were born) for the really bad stuff! The good? That's expected! Look around the world... America is the most non-accepting, hateful place. The rest of the world is so progressive.

PurpleBrave
This country has a victimisation problem. Amplified by the media. But I digress. I really don't like talking politics here.
88Fox
PurpleBrave said:

This country has a victimisation problem. Amplified by the media. But I digress. I really don't like talking politics here.

It's postmodernism. Read up on that.

I agree. I actually quit all other social media because of how toxic it all has gotten. I got caught up in the moment after some tequila.
Y'all hear that? We're using code names. - Evelle Snopes
viperoy
CummingDawg22 said:

88Fox said:

viperoy said:

Ugh, you are so wrong. America is the worst. That's why people are trying to move away from here at a rapid rate and not immigrate here!

You only get credit (although unearned or deserved considering it happened 100s of years before you were born) for the really bad stuff! The good? That's expected! Look around the world... America is the most non-accepting, hateful place. The rest of the world is so progressive.

You had the chance to reply to the comments I made to you about the lies and misinformation you made in your first response to my post. Not surprisingly, you did not respond to a single one of the lies I pointed out. Good job. Referring to oneself as educated has little to do with what school you attended or what degrees you earned--education has much more to do with what you become and how much education you continue to receive for a lifetime.

And your testament to all the good we have done as a country. You've been drinking more than tequila--you're regularly enjoying the poison lemonade! "Given all races and religions equal protection under the law"--REALLY? So if we put prayer back in school, you're OK with a Christian pastor praying in the class one day and the other 29 days, prayer being led by Muslims, Jews, agnostics, Satanists, etc? You don't have to answer that, particularly with your history of truthfulness on this post. And "we protect every person's right to free speech"? Wouldn't that include kneeling for the National Anthem? Wouldn't that include not censoring the press? Man, take a nap since being asleep seems to be your favorite pastime.

CummingDawg22
viperoy said:

CummingDawg22 said:

88Fox said:

viperoy said:

You had the chance to reply to the comments I made to you about the lies and misinformation you made in your first response to my post. See below. Not surprisingly, you did not respond to a single one of the lies I pointed out. You literally did not point out any lies. You rambled about Trump, Good job. Referring to oneself as educated has little to do with what school you attended or what degrees you earned--education has much more to do with what you become and how much education you continue to receive for a lifetime. I see this one hit home. This is what people tell themselves when they don't have the superior educational background. I'm sure you went to UGA (for grad schools too) cause of Stanford, Harvard, Yale, etc was too far. This is along the lines of "it doesn't matter where your degree is from". So if you want to put on the facade of a superior intellect you may want to actually back it up with something other than your opinion of yourself.

Just out of curiosity, what degrees do you actually have? What do you actually do? What other "education" have you received in your lifetime? Also, if it doesn't matter about college, why did you go? Seems counter-intuitive really. Pay money for a degree(s) that aren't great when you could have just got the education other places.

I know I'd love for my doctor or surgeon to have no formal training.... I mean they could just get it later! I mean John Hopkins means nothing really.

And your testament to all the good we have done as a country. You've been drinking more than tequila--you're regularly enjoying the poison lemonade! This is just crazy person babble. No idea what this is referencing or talking about. "Given all races and religions equal protection under the law"--REALLY? So if we put prayer back in school, you're OK with a Christian pastor praying in the class one day and the other 29 days, prayer being led by Muslims, Jews, agnostics, Satanists, etc? It's funny for someone saying I was telling lies and misinformation, I never said anything about religion. You randomly brought this up. You don't have to answer that, particularly with your history of truthfulness on this post. And "we protect every person's right to free speech"? See above. Wouldn't that include kneeling for the National Anthem? See above. I actually never referenced the national anthem. Wouldn't that include not censoring the press? Huh? When did I say censor the press? Man, take a nap since being asleep seems to be your favorite pastime. This was the best. Anytime someone uses a "woke" reference you know they are an idiot.

I'll bite. The lies and misinformation. Let's go through my post. I'll bold it for you.

My post

This is a fact. I did get lost and you rambled. You even admitted to such because it's hard to tell the history a country in a poorly constructed paragraph (I paraphrased but I think that was it.)

You gave yourself those attributes. You attributed them, not me. The leaders of the country you live in were, for the most part, educated, well read, and "thinkers". I'll say this, I may not know what a "thinker" is considering literally by definition everyone thinks.

How about Abraham Lincoln? I'm not as smart as you but I think some of sins you mentioned, such as devaluing women and child workers, segregation, all were around with him right? What a POS.

George Washington? Huge warmonger and slave owner. POS!
Obama? Deported so many, depriving them of a chance at a good life. Drone strikes killing innocent people? War in the middle east? POS!
Raegan? Don't get me started! POS!
Trump? I think we both know what he is - POS!

I guess it'd be easier for you to name someone who isn't one?

So yeah, I inferred you meant every American leader because you know, every American leader was in power for, wait for it, the history of America!

Again, you made a really self serving post. This isn't a lie or misleading. This is what I came away with. It's actually called and opinion.

Can't be a lie or misleading. I just told you, you should think on it.

So, as I hope, you can see the only time it would have been possible for me to lie would have been paragraph 2. You should be able, with that awesome educational background, to understand now that I didn't.

----------------

What you actually did, which is really sad, was revert to screaming TRUMP!!!! when he wasn't ever brought up. Because you know, that really validates anything.

88Fox
viperoy said:

CummingDawg22 said:

88Fox said:

viperoy said:

You had the chance to reply to the comments I made to you about the lies and misinformation you made in your first response to my post. Not surprisingly, you did not respond to a single one of the lies I pointed out. Good job. Referring to oneself as educated has little to do with what school you attended or what degrees you earned--education has much more to do with what you become and how much education you continue to receive for a lifetime.

And your testament to all the good we have done as a country. You've been drinking more than tequila--you're regularly enjoying the poison lemonade! "Given all races and religions equal protection under the law"--REALLY? So if we put prayer back in school, you're OK with a Christian pastor praying in the class one day and the other 29 days, prayer being led by Muslims, Jews, agnostics, Satanists, etc? You don't have to answer that, particularly with your history of truthfulness on this post. And "we protect every person's right to free speech"? Wouldn't that include kneeling for the National Anthem? Wouldn't that include not censoring the press? Man, take a nap since being asleep seems to be your favorite pastime.

It seems like you have conflated two posts in your response. I will address your statements that pertain to my post.

I'll start with the first amendment because there is a lot of confusion here. The 1st Amendment says that the government cannot abridge your right to free speech. It does not cover private organizations, including your employer. Therefore, your employer can prevent you from saying things that they don't like while on the job. Thus, the NFL can make any decision they want on the kneeling issue and it will not be a violation of the player's 1st Amendment rights.

Secondly, there have been no censoring of the press that violates the 1st Amendment to my knowledge. Please point out any that you are aware of.

I said nothing about prayer in school. However, kids should be allowed to pray if they want. As long as it doesn't disrupt any other students or class time, they should be allowed to pray.

I stand by my comments on "The Patriarchy". If we men have to be responsible for all of the bad things here in America, we ought to get credit for the good things...which there are a ton of. No, America is not perfect. However, I cannot think of a better society for humankind that has existed. I'm certain that America could be better in some respects but Utopia doesn't exist. This is a perfect time for the great phrase, "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.