Is Albany, GA a good place for a young family to relocate to for a job?

11 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tdperk
ugalestat1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a friend (married with 3 young children under 5) ask me about Albany for job relocation and I haven't lived in GA for 30 years. What is an honest opinion from folks that live near there?

Thanks in advance.
Coladawg
It pains me to write this. Raised there for 18 years. Still have family there. Would NEVER go back. That town is dying. City administration is awful. PD is a train wreck (first hand knowledge due to family member's death). Crime is a big problem. If they MUST go, look at the surrounding communities like Leesburg.
ugalestat1
Thank you for the honest response.
FtMyersDawg
Tell them to look at Warner Robins or Valdosta.
tdperk
Albany is not so great, but there are plenty of small towns close by that are just fine if one enjoys small towns, farming communities.
I was born in Albany and have family all over South Georgia. I have spent a lot of time in the area. Moultrie, Valdosta, hartsfield, and camilla. I live just south of the Atlanta airport, but I would give almost anything to be able to move to South Georgia. I just can't make a good enough living to go
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.