Ciara & Russell Wilson donating 1 million meals w/ Seattle Food Lifeline

3,901 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Philanthropists:

SeaDawg
Classy
SeaDawg
Firebrand
Love it.
HomeGrown82
Maybe it's me. I always had a problem with giving and then telling. It's one thing if someone else tells. Perhaps I'm in the minority and over reacting. I just prefer give and stay quiet.
ssidedawg
HomeGrown82 said:

Maybe it's me. I always had a problem with giving and then telling. It's one thing if someone else tells. Perhaps I'm in the minority and over reacting. I just prefer give and stay quiet.
Sometimes its good they do so others do it too. I mean, had you ever heard of that charity? Exposure like this is always good.
thedogfather
ssidedawg said:

HomeGrown82 said:

Sometimes its good they do so others do it too. I mean, had you ever heard of that charity? Exposure like this is always good.
I agree. They are publicizing this to encourage others. Kind of like the TeamTrees.org push.
HunkerDownDawgs
I agree with you when you are a private citizen and outside of the public eye, but I think its good for people like Wilson to highlight what they are doing for others. Not only does it inspire others to do the same (publicly or privately), but in times like this when people can sit behind a keyboard and anonymously call out people for all sorts of things they don't know anything about, the last thing I would want is for someone to be criticized for not giving back when in reality, they are doing so generously.
Klc71
Russell Wilson has always been a class act. Agree by him making public will only help. I would make it a challenge to my teammates and other QB's in the NFL to match or at least give some as well.
HomeGrown82
I see both of your points and that makes sense.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
JudgeLarryDawg
Not trying to knock the Wilson's off their pedestal:

Charitable contributions may benefit the recipients and the donors, but for the rest of the public, they don't do much good. Because charitable contributions are tax deductible, when people donate, taxes bill goes down. That doesn't, however, mean the need goes away too, so when wealthy people make deductions and take write-offs, either the rest of us are on the hook to fund essential public services or those services end up going unfunded. In fact, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, every $1 donated to charity by the top one percent of money makers results in a loss of 32 cents in federal tax revenue. Of course, rich people could decline to take the deduction for charitable donations, but most of them don't.
ssidedawg
Charitable donations are NOT the tax benefit they used to be. The new tax plan changed that especially for the wealthy.
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/news/bill-foley-and-vgk-foundation-donate-1000000-to-nv-covid-19-task-force/c-316518026

Vegas Golden Knights Owner Bill Foley and the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation announced today, April 3, that they have together donated $1,000,000 to the Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief and Recovery Task Force.

Funds will go towards purchasing necessary supplies, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including surgical masks, N95-equivalent CDC-approved respirator masks, medical gloves and medical gowns as well as supporting other initiatives in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic in Nevada.
dawgpostsucks
https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-donate-750000-meals-feeding-tampa-bay/67-f1532cae-9231-4b35-b771-a3f7f356b9bf

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen donate money for 750,000 meals to Feeding Tampa Bay
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
dawgpostsucks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.