ND: Travel Help

1,955 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dean Legge
GrooGrux King
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gentlemen,

Long time lurker here. I piggybacked off a friends account since the early 2000's and decided to finally get my own account so I could interact with you guys, rather than just read.

I hate for my first post to be ND related, and can move it to another board if need be, but I was hoping to get some travel suggestions.

I am traveling with my wife and 2 kids (6 and 2 years old) to Chattanooga this summer. We have never been there before and I was looking for suggestions on attractions and (more importantly) food/drink joints.

I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Go Dawgs,
Groo
apmdawg
Groo, live in NW Ga and my wife and I would much rather go out in Chattanooga than Atlanta. Not as big, easier to get around, some traffic but nothing like Cobb and Gwinnett counties. According to how old your kids are, you have the Tennessee aquarium, the Discovery Science museum, the Chattanooga Lookouts (Cincinnati Reds AA affliate) that are all downtown and within walking distance of each other. There are several local craft brew houses in downtown (we like Odd Story and Hatton and Smith's). Some good eateries are Stir (next door to the Chattanooga Choo Choo), the Terminal Brewhouse (good food, resonable prices, good craft beer selection). There is a Champy's fried chicken in downtown and north of the river is the Tremont Tavern that has really big, really tasty hamburgers. Hope this helps.
Dean Legge
Staff
Isn't the aquarium still a think in Chattanooga?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.