White's system shows a great affinity for

458 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Monkdawg
Monkdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
perimeter shooting. Even though we weren't a very good perimeter shooting team last year, we were jacking up 3s constantly, with mixed results. We have brought in, so far, 3 guards that are historically pretty good perimeter guys. I imagine Demary starts at PG (unless we make a really splash signing late) with Leffow or perhaps Lawrence at SG. I think Newell starts from Day 1. Cyril will win C eventually. How soon depends on him. That leaves the 5th spot - the SF or the 3rd G depending on what White wants. That spot could rotate among several players depending on performance and the opponent. Either Lawrence or Leffow would be a 3rd guard, because of their experience, or Godfrey could get in there for toughness, size and defense (unless we can sign a star 3 with our remaining scholarships or Godfrey improves his perimeter game). A guy like Sion James would be tremendous at that spot, but who knows whether he has interest? White will be able to mix and match quite a bit.
BallDawg
I imagine it'll be pretty hard to keep leffew out of the starting line up at the 2. Think Lawrence would play better in a bench role. Watch out for the name Wooga Poplar. Would be an insane get. If we got him would run him along Silas and Leffew with Newell and Abson to start and eventually Somto. CMW isn't playing around, told he has enough $$ support to throw together a serious NIL package for a player worth the price.
dawglegright
Where does Blue fit in?
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

I imagine it'll be pretty hard to keep leffew out of the starting line up at the 2. Think Lawrence would play better in a bench role. Watch out for the name Wooga Poplar. Would be an insane get. If we got him would run him along Silas and Leffew with Newell and Abson to start and eventually Somto. CMW isn't playing around, told he has enough $$ support to throw together a serious NIL package for a player worth the price.
I agree that Lawrence would be more valuable off the bench. That's where I would put him. Not sure about White. Poplar is a 6'5" guard and coming from Miami he knows how to play defense, so he could certainly find a spot at that 3rd perimeter position. I do think White will sign 1 more impact player, as you say.
Monkdawg
dawglegright said:

Where does Blue fit in?
Blue will be coming off the bench. He wouldn't start over 2 5th year seniors. I want Blue to get stronger and work on his ballhandling some. He would be valuable off the bench.
BallDawg
Spark guy off the bench. Energizer. Is going to come in, play 8-10 minutes at a time, probably close with 18-20 minutes a game. It will be his job to take 4-5 threes and be a flamethrower. Play some solid defense, get his shots up, and worry about hitting shots. I think this might honestly help him, for shooters like that it takes a lot of stress off and when that is your only job. This is just a guess, based off basketball knowledge and watching this team, I do not think we will see him start any games like he did this year. Same with James, will play more impactful minutes, but doubt he will start any games this year.
BallDawg
Steal what I say word for word at the exact same time I say it haha
Monkdawg
BallDawg said:

Steal what I say word for word at the exact same time I say it haha
LOL Word for word? You went into much more detail.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.